Windows 10: Headset mic is connected to pc, but won't work. Help?

Discus and support Headset mic is connected to pc, but won't work. Help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some context, I logged onto Discord today and wanted to chat with my friends. However, they kept telling me that my microphone sounded as if it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Robotic_Developer, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Headset mic is connected to pc, but won't work. Help?

For some context, I logged onto Discord today and wanted to chat with my friends. However, they kept telling me that my microphone sounded as if it was found by a dumpster. I kept claiming that it was fine, but it was until I muted my headset that I noticed something was up. My friends still heard me as my headset was muted, and it was then that I realized that I was talking through my webcam. My headset was plugged in all the time, and I'm sure that there's nothing wrong with it. I went into Recording Devices to switch back to my headset, but alas, there was only the webcam mic. I've been searching for a solution for most of today, but I still haven't gotten any answers.

Here are things that I've already tried:

• restarting my pc
    • unplugging the headset
    • checking for any damage in hardware (none)
    • cleaned my microphone
    • troubleshooting
    • switching to other devices in recording devices
    • disabling microphone and then re-enabling it

I'm getting pretty desperate at this point, so any help given would be absolutely amazing. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Robotic_Developer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Robotic_Developer, Mar 15, 2020

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Earbuds with mic not working in windows 10, please help.

So I'm trying to get my earbuds with mic to work on my computer so I can listen with ears and talk with mic at the same time. I have a port on my pc that has a mic icon and a earphone icon together. I thought if I connected it to that it would work but it does not. A pop up comes with of Realtek audio manager and asks me what I connected. It says "what device did you plug in" and has a list saying 'line in', 'Mic in', 'Headphone'. when I say pick mic it uses my listening buds as a mic and when I pick headphone it just functions as a normal headphone. What I want to do is use it as a headset to listen and talk. Help please and thank you.

leafknight005, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Headset mic is connected to pc, but won't work. Help?

Headset Mic Not Connecting To Computer.

Hello,

I recently purchased a G-Cord Bluetooth headset/mic. I was able to connect it to my computer with no problems whatsoever. The sound is crisp and works great. However, my computer (Dell Inspiron 1545) will not connect to the mic. It says that it is unplugged.
    I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, and I also used 'Troubleshooting' to no avail. I connected the headset to another device to make sure it is the computer's problem, and the headset worked fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FalafelBlerbJr., Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Headset mic is connected to pc, but won't work. Help?

1. Headset mic is connected to pc, but won't work. Help? - Similar Threads - Headset mic connected

2. Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting: Bluetooth headset not working no sound or mic not working *Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Accessibility/Other* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-no-sound-or-mic-not-working-but/9afdb7e1-6cc1-4ec4-8a29-a25b4d65ffbe
  3. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  4. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  5. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  6. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But Bluetooth mic does not work. But my bluetoth mic works in friend's windows 10 desktop.Please helpthanks in advanced....
  7. Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?: Hello, I have a JBL Live 500BT headset and the microphone works flawlessly when the headset is connected over bluetooth. However, when connecting the headset through AUX with the 3.5mm jack, and confirming it's a headset when asked by Realtek, only the headphones work and...
  8. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: I have 2 pin microphone one is red and one is green i instered in the cpu but in input device it shows no input device found please inform what to do.. i can hear the sounds but microphone is not working...
  9. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But every time i tried to use my mic the audio stops and mic works and same vice versa. I want to be able to speak and listen at the same...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...