Windows 10: Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10

Discus and support Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The audio works fine, and it was working great until about a week ago when it mysteriously stopped recognizing my mic at all, which i noticed because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CTRogers, Sep 11, 2018.

1. CTRogers Win User

Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10

The audio works fine, and it was working great until about a week ago when it mysteriously stopped recognizing my mic at all, which i noticed because it would no longer let me voice chat in a favorite game of mine. Ive since then made the laptop recognize my mic, but it still wont let me voice chat in game. Any ideas of whats going on? Its not the games fault, ive done enough research to figure that out

:)

CTRogers, Sep 11, 2018

2. Headset mic not working in Windows 10

I have a Logitech headset. Somehow the mic of the headset is not recognized by the computer. We have downloaded the latest Realtek driver but headset mic does not show in the Playback tab of the Sound panel. The built in mic of my HP Desktop is functioning.
    I tried plugging in the headset in my laptop and mic works. My laptop has the old O/S of Windows not Windows 10.

Is there a Microsoft fix that I can install to address this problem?

Thanks.

MarieCoreces, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Toshiba Computer Won't Recognize Headset mic or audio

Hello. I have a Toshiba computer with Windows 10, I just got it today and I have a new headset. The headset is a SteelSeries Siberia 200, and on my old laptop, which had two jacks, it would instantly recognize my headsets mic, and headphones. I have an
    adapter that combines the two mic and headphone cords, it came with the headset, but it still doesn't recognize the headset. I know this has been asked a lot, but none have really fit with the answers I am looking for. Is it just the adapter, the headset itself?
    Or the computer? Please help me as soon as possible. I want to be able to skype and start recording videos again.

MoonCraft Gaming, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10 [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10

1. Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headset mic isn't

2. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  3. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  4. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer not recognizing headset mic

Computer not recognizing headset mic: Computer: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series model 7570 Headset: Steelseries Arctis 1 wired Issue: When the headset is plugged into the computer, audio comes out just fine, but the computer does not recognize the microphone. It has worked before with this computer, and works...
  6. Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

Headset mic not recognized by laptop.: I use an Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset to use the mic I need to use the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5mm male. My laptop only has one 3.5mm jack so I bought a dual 3.5mm female to 3.5mm male. I connected my headset to the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5 mm male then I connected the two male...
  7. Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10: I recently purchased a pair of Soundcore Life P2 ear buds. The buds pair fine with my Android phone and one Windows 10 PC. It works fine as a headset with the microphone recognized. I have one Windows 10 machine where the P2 are recognized as only stereo headphones. I...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10: Hi All- I've recently been trying to troubleshoot my microphone issue with the Soundcore Liberty Air bluetooth headset. Windows would recognize the device as an audio input, but I could not get it to pick up any signal from the mic. I have no issues when pairing this...
  9. After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized.

After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized.: Hello. I have Laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH-317-52) which not so long ago recieved major windows update from 1803 to 1909 (previous to 1903 wasn't available). The laptop has one 4-pin audio mini-jack input, and my headset (Senheiser Game One) always was connected to pc...
  10. Headset with mic isn't working

Headset with mic isn't working: Hello, My computer system uses Realtek HIgh Definition Audio software for speakers and sound. I am not having trouble getting sound out of my computer's speakers. However, my headset with mic is not working. I cannot figure out how to fix this because I still get the two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 headset with phone and mic not being recognized