Windows 10: Headset mic just doesn't work

Discus and support Headset mic just doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so basically I got a really nice pair of headphones Razer Kraken X that supposedly have a really good mic. Considering the performance on my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SnowmanStryder, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Headset mic just doesn't work

Okay so basically I got a really nice pair of headphones Razer Kraken X that supposedly have a really good mic. Considering the performance on my other devices, as the mic works just fine, I can only conclude that the microphone jack on my computer doesn't seem to work.

It reads usb mics just fine, and I had a similar issue months ago. Is there a definite solution to this? I don't mind having to use my usb mic for voice chats, but I'd like to be able to fully utilize the headset I bought.

:)

SnowmanStryder, Jan 14, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Headset mic just doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Helmut Win User

Headset mic just doesn't work

Headset mic

Depends on the specs of your hardware, you have not given enough detail.

PCs are normally separate Headphone and Mic sockets.
    Laptops a Combo socket (TRRS).

Headsets usually come with adapters to cater for both scenarios.

My headset has a Combo plug (TRRS), and an adapter for separate Headphones and Mic sockets.

You can plug the Headset Combo plug in to a Headphone only socket, but the Mic won't work. there is no second R contact.

Helmut, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Headset mic just doesn't work

1. Headset mic just doesn't work - Similar Threads - Headset mic doesn't

2. Headset Plugged In Mic Works but Sound doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Plugged In Mic Works but Sound doesn't work?: I recently purchased the Razer Kraken X Headset and when I plugged it in I realized there was no sound! I checked the sound tab and it appeared that my mic was working, but the sound wasn't. The headphones device wasn't showing, it was just RealtekR Audio speakers, that also...
  3. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset mic not working: Hello everyone I have this issue where my laptop detects my headset and uses it as a playback device but it doesn't use its mic which I need. Before, when I got this laptop my headset didn't even work until someday randomly. But my mic still doesn't function and it's...
  4. Headset's mic not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset's mic not working: My headphones micropjmic isn't responding. Test did not picks up any noise at all. Permission is On. Drives up-to-date. Windows up-to-date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headsets-mic-not-working/cfae62f9-5c54-4f75-8085-ccb5463a9e7b
  5. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: I have 2 pin microphone one is red and one is green i instered in the cpu but in input device it shows no input device found please inform what to do.. i can hear the sounds but microphone is not working...
  6. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: I cannot get my headset mic working in game, It has permission, the sound works just fine but no one can hear me talk ? I have the realtech set to both input and output/...
  7. Mic not working with headset

Mic not working with headset: I got a headset but theirs a problem, the microphone wont work. So I went to the control panel and went to hardware and sounds and went to sound i saw that my microphone said not plugged in. I was very confused as my microphone was plugged into my headset. Ive tried trouble...
  8. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset mic not working: When I plug my headphones in my monitor's jack. The mic doesn't work, but i can hear through the headphones. I plug it in the audio or mic jack in the CPU, doesn't work, not even audio. But when I plug it in the mic jack behind the CPU,the red one, it works. But the problem...
  9. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Mic not working: Recently, I have plugged in a headset into my laptop. For some reason it will not use my headset mic and use the integrated mic instead. I have tried many things but none of them work. My headset is the HyperX Cloud Stinger, if you know you to fix this, please tell me....
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...