Windows 10: Headset Mic not picking up on pc

Discus and support Headset Mic not picking up on pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an hp all-in-one desktop pc. My pc only picks up the built in microphone and not the microphone from my headset. The pc has one 3.5mm port and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NobleWarBear, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Headset Mic not picking up on pc

I have an hp all-in-one desktop pc. My pc only picks up the built in microphone and not the microphone from my headset. The pc has one 3.5mm port and the picture that is above it is of a mic/headset combo. However, when I plug in my headset the pc only recognizes the already built in mic. Sound comes out from the headset but my voice is getting picked up by the built in pc microphone. My headset microphone does not show up in "Recording Devices" even when "Show Disabled" is checked. I have updated my drivers and many other things, but I just can't get this to work. How can I get my microphone to work on my pc? Do I need some kind of adapter? Any kind of help is appreciated.

The headset/mic I am trying to connect is a Turtle Beach Elite Atlas

:)

NobleWarBear, Mar 17, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Either they are playing around with you or you have a chat running, with the MIC allowing everything, no matter what. Suggest unhooking your headset when not using.

bro67, Mar 17, 2020
  3. ZaynXT Win User
    Mic picking up audio output from headset.

They are not playing around, I recorded and tested it myself, and I could hear stuff from my pc, and I only use my headset when I need them. And i dont know what you mean by "chat running" we use discord to talk, and where can i check if its set to listen everything?

ZaynXT, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Headset Mic not picking up on pc

Headset mic not picking up sound.

(1) Jiggle the wire where it connects at computer & at headset to see whether it is loose or frayed.

(2) A BING of "Headset mic not picking up sound" is how I found the first one.

Good luck, & keep us informed.

Edit: Here is its site...

A10 Headset | ASTRO Gaming

A10 Headset

PCR Just PCR, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Headset Mic not picking up on pc

1. Headset Mic not picking up on pc - Similar Threads - Headset Mic picking

2. Mic not picking up voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not picking up voice: Hi when i try to use my mic on my computer it doesn’t pick up my voice and usually just echos Whatever is playing on my computer of i test it on discord i have tried many things like a new headset but even then nothing changes even looking into the realtek audio manager...
  3. mic wont pick up sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mic wont pick up sound: ok so I just updated my windows 10 and now my mic wont pick up any sound what so ever. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-wont-pick-up-sound/db52c409-4273-4e22-abe6-53c8a3bc4c75
  4. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone: Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo cancellation. Normally this should be found in the enhancement tab, correct? The problem is, on my new PC I have Realtek HDA(SST) and...
  5. Headset Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic: I recently just built a new pc. Everything was fine until I plugged in my Astro A 10 headphones and the mic that is already on wasn't detected. Any solutions/answers on how to get my mic to be recognized? I have Windows 10 64 bit. I have yet to activate windows yet though....
  6. Windows 10 game dvr not picking up my mic but its picking up my friends mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 game dvr not picking up my mic but its picking up my friends mic.: If i record out of a game it doesnt get my voice. if i record in game it doesnt record my voice. i have my mic set as default and my headset for audio, i have record only game audio off. my drivers are updated. Any ideas?...
  7. Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Mic picking up audio output from headset.: Hello, So i recently got a new laptop, and when I went in a call with my friends, they told me they could hear every sound from my PC, for the past 3 hours I've been trying to look for solutions, but none of them are helpful, please help me. Ps, my laptop has IDT sound stuff....
  8. Mic and Headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic and Headset: Ok so basically, I have a gaming headset with a mic, I plugged it in via audio jack of my windows 10 computer. At the beginning each time I plugged in my headset my computer would ask me what I plugged in (Headphones, Mic, ETC). So I set it to headphones and clicked: Don't...
  9. mic not picking up my voice

mic not picking up my voice: oh boy ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried...
  10. Headset mic

Headset mic: im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the jack on my pc, the sound works but not the mic. and i went into the sounds control panel, and the mic says that the input is...