Windows 10: Headset Mic not picking up on pc

Discus and support Headset Mic not picking up on pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an hp all-in-one desktop pc. My pc only picks up the built in microphone and not the microphone from my headset. The pc has one 3.5mm port and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NobleWarBear, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Headset Mic not picking up on pc

I have an hp all-in-one desktop pc. My pc only picks up the built in microphone and not the microphone from my headset. The pc has one 3.5mm port and the picture that is above it is of a mic/headset combo. However, when I plug in my headset the pc only recognizes the already built in mic. Sound comes out from the headset but my voice is getting picked up by the built in pc microphone. My headset microphone does not show up in "Recording Devices" even when "Show Disabled" is checked. I have updated my drivers and many other things, but I just can't get this to work. How can I get my microphone to work on my pc? Do I need some kind of adapter? Any kind of help is appreciated.

The headset/mic I am trying to connect is a Turtle Beach Elite Atlas

:)

NobleWarBear, Mar 17, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Either they are playing around with you or you have a chat running, with the MIC allowing everything, no matter what. Suggest unhooking your headset when not using.

bro67, Mar 17, 2020
  3. ZaynXT Win User
    Mic picking up audio output from headset.

They are not playing around, I recorded and tested it myself, and I could hear stuff from my pc, and I only use my headset when I need them. And i dont know what you mean by "chat running" we use discord to talk, and where can i check if its set to listen everything?

ZaynXT, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Headset Mic not picking up on pc

Headset mic not picking up sound.

(1) Jiggle the wire where it connects at computer & at headset to see whether it is loose or frayed.

(2) A BING of "Headset mic not picking up sound" is how I found the first one.

Good luck, & keep us informed.

Edit: Here is its site...

A10 Headset | ASTRO Gaming

A10 Headset

PCR Just PCR, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Headset Mic not picking up on pc

1. Headset Mic not picking up on pc - Similar Threads - Headset Mic picking

2. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  3. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  4. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows barely picks up headset mic input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows barely picks up headset mic input: I have had this issue for a while now where my mic always sounds super quiet. I have had the issue with multiple different headsets, different software, and different devices running different versions of windows Desktop PC with windows 10 and laptop with windows 11. I have...
  6. Windows barely picks up headset mic input

Windows barely picks up headset mic input: I have had this issue for a while now where my mic always sounds super quiet. I have had the issue with multiple different headsets, different software, and different devices running different versions of windows Desktop PC with windows 10 and laptop with windows 11. I have...
  7. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  8. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  9. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...