Windows 10: headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

Discus and support headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by para69, Jul 7, 2022.

1. para69 Win User

headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work fine. it also picks up any desktop audio that's playing. i've checked a few things, i know it isn't the 3.5 jack on my computer. i've also tried things such as the speech troubleshooter, system volume, driver update/reinstall, and everything else i've found about similar issues, yet nothing's worked. all applications and th

:)

para69, Jul 7, 2022

2. Mic not picking up voice

Hi when i try to use my mic on my computer it doesn’t pick up my voice and usually just echos Whatever is playing on my computer of i test it on discord i have tried many things like a new headset but even then nothing changes even looking into the realtek
    audio manager

SaltyBunny1853, Jul 7, 2022
  3. Headset Mic not picking up on pc

I have an hp all-in-one desktop pc. My pc only picks up the built in microphone and not the microphone from my headset. The pc has one 3.5mm port and the picture that is above it is of a mic/headset combo. However, when I plug in my headset the pc only recognizes
    the already built in mic. Sound comes out from the headset but my voice is getting picked up by the built in pc microphone. My headset microphone does not show up in "Recording Devices" even when "Show Disabled" is checked. I have updated my drivers and many
    other things, but I just can't get this to work. How can I get my microphone to work on my pc? Do I need some kind of adapter? Any kind of help is appreciated.

The headset/mic I am trying to connect is a Turtle Beach Elite Atlas

NobleWarBear, Jul 7, 2022
  4. iecrr Win User

After Windows update, Realtek "Headphone" setting does not detect headset mic, while "Headset" setting detects mic but picks up computer sounds

As additional information, I found out that adjusting the headset's volume knob would also affect the volume of the desktop audio that the headset mic picks up.

Given also that the desktop audio is picked up as input only when the headset's mic is being used, do these things isolate the issue as a hardware issue? Or not really?

iecrr, Jul 7, 2022
Thema:

1. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio - Similar Threads - headset mic picking

2. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic not picking up my voice: Hello,I am using a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset and it has been great. However, today the mic just stopped picking up my voice and all that can be heard is a harsh static sound. I was in a discord call last night before I went to sleep and everything was fine. In case it is...
  3. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic not picking up my voice: Hello,I am using a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset and it has been great. However, today the mic just stopped picking up my voice and all that can be heard is a harsh static sound. I was in a discord call last night before I went to sleep and everything was fine. In case it is...
  4. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  6. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  7. Desktop audio picking up on my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop audio picking up on my mic: I recently got a new laptop but I've come across an issue where my desktop audio is being picked up from my headphone mic. I've tried doing reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, updating windows, different headsets but nothing. The issue is non-existant on my laptop mic....
  8. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...
  9. Mic not picking up voice

Mic not picking up voice: Hi when i try to use my mic on my computer it doesn’t pick up my voice and usually just echos Whatever is playing on my computer of i test it on discord i have tried many things like a new headset but even then nothing changes even looking into the realtek audio manager...
  10. mic not picking up my voice

mic not picking up my voice: oh boy ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried...