Windows 10: Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

Discus and support Headset mic not recognized by laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset to use the mic I need to use the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5mm male. My laptop only has one 3.5mm jack so I bought a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DoubleA_15, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

I use an Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset to use the mic I need to use the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5mm male. My laptop only has one 3.5mm jack so I bought a dual 3.5mm female to 3.5mm male. I connected my headset to the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5 mm male then I connected the two male 3.5mm to the dual female 3.5mm to 3.5mm male I bought then I connected it to my laptop but the mic doesn't work, I tried using it on another device and everything worked properly so I'm sure there are no problems with my headset and the wires. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

:)

DoubleA_15, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Dewclaw83 Win User

Headset microphone not being recognized

I have used this headset with the laptop before, and I have used both the mic and the headphones with it. However, I just went to use it again after some time, and my laptop doesn't recognize the mic with it. The sound still goes through the headphones,
    and it registers it as such, but there is no option for the mic, the only available input listed is the laptop's built in mic.

Previously, there would be that "What Device Was Plugged In?" Popup, where you could select whether you had plugged in a headset or headphones. That no longer pops up, and I have failed to find a setting to reenable it, as was suggested when I was looking to
    solve this problem on other question on the subject.

How can I get my computer to register that there is a microphone associated?

Dewclaw83, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Zoladex Win User
    Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Windbrand Win User

Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

1. Headset mic not recognized by laptop. - Similar Threads - Headset mic recognized

2. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  3. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  4. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers: Hey so ive had this problem for a while but it is really bothering me because the input device is always my computer speakers and that means that my voice has to travel from my mouth all the way to my computer mic but i just wish windows would recognize my mic casue when i...
  6. my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers: Hey so ive had this problem for a while but it is really bothering me because the input device is always my computer speakers and that means that my voice has to travel from my mouth all the way to my computer mic but i just wish windows would recognize my mic casue when i...
  7. my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers

8. Computer not recognizing headset mic

Computer not recognizing headset mic: Computer: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series model 7570 Headset: Steelseries Arctis 1 wired Issue: When the headset is plugged into the computer, audio comes out just fine, but the computer does not recognize the microphone. It has worked before with this computer, and works...
  9. My laptop does not recognize my headset mic

My laptop does not recognize my headset mic: I bought this new headset which has a 3.5mm audio cable with a TRRS, I hear everything but when i tried using the mic it doesnt work, I´ve already seen bunch of tutorials and changed the privacy sound settings, and my drivers are up to date but I cant get my laptop to...
  10. New PC not recognizing headset mic.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC not recognizing headset mic.: I got a new PC and tried using my old headphones on it. I can either have the PC use the headphones as a mic or a speaker but not both. I was able to use both on my old PC. How can i fix this? submitted by /u/69Human69 [link] [comments]...