Windows 10: headset mic not showing up at sound control panel and not working.

Discus and support headset mic not showing up at sound control panel and not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a mac mini from 2012 and bootcamped it to windows 10 home. I bought a new headset with mic but its not working and not showing up in my sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by poemavandenbrink, Aug 4, 2021.

1. headset mic not showing up at sound control panel and not working.

I have a mac mini from 2012 and bootcamped it to windows 10 home. I bought a new headset with mic but its not working and not showing up in my sound control panel. I think its something with my drivers, this is a screenshot of my drivers:Im using the steelseries arctis 3 with a dual 3 mm cable. Can someone pls help me I really dont know what to do.

:)

poemavandenbrink, Aug 4, 2021

2. Headset is working, but not showing up in control panel

My sound wasn't working on my headset or speakers on my laptop, so I updated my PC to fix it. It worked, and my headset and speakers work too, but now my headset is not showing up in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Because I want to change the sound quality of it and add audio enhancements.

Windows version: Widows 10 pro insider preview version 2004 (OS build 20152.1000)

superscooper123, Aug 4, 2021
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Unkn(2) Win User

headset mic not showing up at sound control panel and not working.

windows 10 headset mic not working

Still not working for me. I did find out one more interesting fact:

I tried to go to Speech Properties (Advanced Speech Options -- under Speech Recognition)

and when I selected my Xbox 360 headset as the recording device, and restarted Speech Properties, it gave me the following error message:

"Could not initialize volume meter, please select a different recording device"

FYI -- I've messed with Privacy-Microphone and Control Panel-Sound settings to no avail: default devices, enabling/disabling, reinstalling drivers, levels, mute, etc. Nothing works. This is DEFINITELY a Windows 10 problem. My chat headset works great
    on my Xbox360 and when I was on Windows 7, my USB Xbox360 controller and chat headset were working perfectly. I'm regretting my upgrade and highly debating reverting back.

Update: I found another thread and they recommended the follow which worked for me...

Xbox360 Headset Microphone Not Working
    • Plug in Controller and Headset
    • Control Panel - Sound - Recording
      • Disable alternate microphones (eg: webcam mic)
    • Device Manager
      • Sound, video and game controllers - Headset (XBOX 360 For Windows)
        • Uninstall driver
      • Scan for Hardware Changes (will auto-install Xbox Headset)
    • Restart

Unkn(2), Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

headset mic not showing up at sound control panel and not working.

1. headset mic not showing up at sound control panel and not working. - Similar Threads - headset mic showing

2. Sound Control Panel - Headset shows up but cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Control Panel - Headset shows up but cannot be turned on: HiI have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15, with Realtek Audio and windows 11.Also have the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Sound quality is amazing, but everyone says that the mic is too quiet mainly in games where nobody can't hear me. I checked the sound control panel, and in recording...
  3. Sound Control Panel - Headset shows up but cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Control Panel - Headset shows up but cannot be turned on: HiI have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15, with Realtek Audio and windows 11.Also have the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Sound quality is amazing, but everyone says that the mic is too quiet mainly in games where nobody can't hear me. I checked the sound control panel, and in recording...
  4. My headset wont show up in control panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset wont show up in control panel.: I have the option for speakers/headphones realtek audio but that doesnt let me use the mic in my 3.5mm headset. submitted by /u/mlgnoscp2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcxtfw/my_headset_wont_show_up_in_control_panel/
  5. Bluetooth headset and headpones in Sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset and headpones in Sound control panel: Hi, Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004 I recently connected my Aukey Bluetooth earbud to my PC. In Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback has 2 devices - Headset Free AG Audio as the default communication device. Test is audible but garbage - Headphoens Stereo as the default...
  6. Mic not working, doesn't even show up in control panel sound settings.

Mic not working, doesn't even show up in control panel sound settings.: https://imgur.com/a/giFcab3 In windows 10 they worked perfectly fine until now since they don't pop up in windows. I don't know where the drivers are nor where i can even find them. I don't know what to do, I've tried all tutorials but they don't seem to work, literally....
  7. Headset doesn't show on control panel

Headset doesn't show on control panel: So I was using bluetooth headphones until recently. I had to buy a non-wireless headset recently, and am trying to configure it. The problem is, since I have a laptop, having built-in speakers and mic, when I go to control panel, the headset doesn't show, only the built-in...
  8. Headset is working, but not showing up in control panel

Headset is working, but not showing up in control panel: My sound wasn't working on my headset or speakers on my laptop, so I updated my PC to fix it. It worked, and my headset and speakers work too, but now my headset is not showing up in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound. Does anyone know how to fix this? Because I...
  9. Control Panel Sounds: not working

Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  10. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 cannot pick up MACs mic

2. sound control panel 10