Windows 10: Headset mic not showing up in recording devices

Discus and support Headset mic not showing up in recording devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using realtek I have a hp 8100 compact elite small form factor I have plugged my turtle beach 70p recon headset into my pcs headset port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeSwan1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Headset mic not showing up in recording devices

I am using realtek

I have a hp 8100 compact elite small form factor

I have plugged my turtle beach 70p recon headset into my pcs headset port

It pops up on realtek but it only gives the option to pick headphones line in or mic I have checked sound and looked for disabled devices it is not there

:)

GeorgeSwan1, Jul 26, 2020

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Headset Mic Shows on Recording Devices but Doesn't Pick Up Sound

I know there are a ton of threads on this topic, but I've read literally hundreds and at this point I've given up and resorted to asking for help.

The problem is with my headset mic and my audio drivers. My headset speakers work just fine, they're plugged into my laptop through a headset jack splitter I've been using for years. I recently reset my PC to fix other issues and since then my headset mic
    hasn't worked. I've installed the latest drivers for Win10 x64 bit for this exact laptop but to no avail (I've also installed previous versions).

My laptop microphone and speakers work fine, and my mic shows up in the recording devices enabled and apparently "working fine". It does not pick up sound and it never shows green bars.

My laptop is an HP Envy 17j-100 QE CTO Notebook PC, you can look at the drivers and specs

here

The only changes I've made to that build is of course installing windows 10 on it, which has worked fine for me.

To save you the trouble of informing of everything I've tried, check this HP list of troubleshooting for this problem

here

Please note, that for some reason when I first uninstalled this driver and everything associated with audio in device manager, my mic worked perfectly fine. The problem then was that the speakers on my laptop no longer worked correctly (my headset speakers
    worked fine). This only worked once; every other time I've uninstalled/reinstalled these drivers my headset mic hasn't worked at all.

There is nothing wrong with my headset or the jack splitter for the speaker and mic input.

Also I'm up to date with the latest version of windows 10

Systempatcher, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Jess Can Win User

Headset mic not showing up in recording devices

Jess Can, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Headset mic not showing up in recording devices

1. Headset mic not showing up in recording devices - Similar Threads - Headset mic showing

2. The mic on my wireless headset is not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The mic on my wireless headset is not showing up: I have some razer barracuda x and they connect fine but the mic does not show up like not even on the sound control panel. My laptop doesn't believe that it exists I've connected them to my phone and then the mic works fine. I've even tried to plug them in but that doesn't...
  3. The mic on my wireless headset is not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mic on my wireless headset is not showing up: I have some razer barracuda x and they connect fine but the mic does not show up like not even on the sound control panel. My laptop doesn't believe that it exists I've connected them to my phone and then the mic works fine. I've even tried to plug them in but that doesn't...
  4. Headset not showing in recording devices when connected

Headset not showing in recording devices when connected: Hi Everyone,Am using Sony Headphones connected via bluetooth to my PC as a headset.Initially they worked with no issues however now I am unable to use the microphone.The microphone does not show up in recording devices.Strangely when disconnected the headphones, they show up...
  5. Headset not showing in recording devices when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not showing in recording devices when connected: Hi Everyone,Am using Sony Headphones connected via bluetooth to my PC as a headset.Initially they worked with no issues however now I am unable to use the microphone.The microphone does not show up in recording devices.Strangely when disconnected the headphones, they show up...
  6. Headset not showing in recording devices when connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic: My hyperx cloud stinger headset on my acer nitro 5 gaming pc is showing up as a headphone and not a headset and theres no mic showing even though my headset has a mic. Is this fixable? i need help...
  8. My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic

My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic: My hyperx cloud stinger headset on my acer nitro 5 gaming pc is showing up as a headphone and not a headset and theres no mic showing even though my headset has a mic. Is this fixable? i need help...
  9. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...
  10. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...