Windows 10: Headset mic not working on Laptop

Discus and support Headset mic not working on Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My earphone mic isn't working when I plug it into my laptop, but it works fine on my phone. When I plug it in, the sound works fine but the mic input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by winnaing123, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Headset mic not working on Laptop

My earphone mic isn't working when I plug it into my laptop, but it works fine on my phone. When I plug it in, the sound works fine but the mic input is using my laptop microphone which isn't as good and makes it hard for me to communicate. I've tried all the options on youtube such as 'show disconnected/disabled devices' in the control panel and ran troubleshooting, but my system hasn't picked anything up. It used to work, but all of a sudden it stopped picking up my earphone mic, and yes it's the 4 ring jack so I'm certain it has a mic if the microphone icon on the headset isn't obvious enough. I've been searching for solutions for months now and this is my last resort. I don't know what happened, so please if anyone has a solution. Help.

:)

winnaing123, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Zoladex Win User

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Headset mic not working on Laptop

Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Headset mic not working on Laptop

1. Headset mic not working on Laptop - Similar Threads - Headset mic working

2. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  3. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  4. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: For the past few weeks I've been having issues with my mic and for a while I didn't have much but earlier today I discovered something. So as background my mic has broken multiple times, I thought it was my Oculus which part of it may be but then I used my Oculus and it...
  5. Headset's mic, not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's mic, not working.: I was using my laptop normally, Until My Microphone suddenly stopped working, I checked to see if i accidentally changed the default input setting, then i saw the Microphone was entirely gone. I checked "Device Manager", The Driver was gone too. I checked the "More audio...
  6. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  7. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I'm experiencing an ongoing problem with the microphone on my headset when it is plugged into the front audio jack of my desktop PC. Between troubleshooting the issue varies between the following outcomes:- No input detected at all from my mic- Input is detected but very very...
  8. headset mic wont work on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headset mic wont work on laptop: Kind of vague title I know. I have a Dell 1500 running windows 10. I have a really nice headset that I got a little while ago for my Xbox. My computer for some reason will not take the microphone input form it even though there is a little headset with a mic next to the...
  9. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not working: I have 2 pin microphone one is red and one is green i instered in the cpu but in input device it shows no input device found please inform what to do.. i can hear the sounds but microphone is not working...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...