Windows 10: Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10

Discus and support Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just until recently, my microphone that is connected to my headset is not working. I have tried all of these methods I have found on the internet but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J.Stewart_, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10

Just until recently, my microphone that is connected to my headset is not working. I have tried all of these methods I have found on the internet but none of them are working. It's as if my PC is not detecting the microphone at all. I know my headset works because I can use it on console systems as well. I have also tried other headsets and it all has to do with my PC not detecting the microphone whatsoever. My PC is a Dell Inc. - Inspiron 5676 and i have the windows 10 home 64-bit OS. If you have any solution to the problem please let me know.

:)

J.Stewart_, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Dragondog Win User

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Unkn(2) Win User

Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10

windows 10 headset mic not working

Still not working for me. I did find out one more interesting fact:

I tried to go to Speech Properties (Advanced Speech Options -- under Speech Recognition)

and when I selected my Xbox 360 headset as the recording device, and restarted Speech Properties, it gave me the following error message:

"Could not initialize volume meter, please select a different recording device"

FYI -- I've messed with Privacy-Microphone and Control Panel-Sound settings to no avail: default devices, enabling/disabling, reinstalling drivers, levels, mute, etc. Nothing works. This is DEFINITELY a Windows 10 problem. My chat headset works great
    on my Xbox360 and when I was on Windows 7, my USB Xbox360 controller and chat headset were working perfectly. I'm regretting my upgrade and highly debating reverting back.

Update: I found another thread and they recommended the follow which worked for me...

Xbox360 Headset Microphone Not Working
    • Plug in Controller and Headset
    • Control Panel - Sound - Recording
      • Disable alternate microphones (eg: webcam mic)
    • Device Manager
      • Sound, video and game controllers - Headset (XBOX 360 For Windows)
        • Uninstall driver
      • Scan for Hardware Changes (will auto-install Xbox Headset)
    • Restart

Unkn(2), Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10

1. Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headset Mic Working

2. WIndows 10 mic on headset not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 mic on headset not working: Hello,I was using a headset when suddenly it's mic stopped working. Later I bought a new headset, but it also didn't hear my mic. I tried searching other guides and it asked for my system model, maybe this can help me resolve the issue, anyways its MS-7B53, I used JBL...
  3. WIndows 10 mic on headset not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIndows 10 mic on headset not working: Hello,I was using a headset when suddenly it's mic stopped working. Later I bought a new headset, but it also didn't hear my mic. I tried searching other guides and it asked for my system model, maybe this can help me resolve the issue, anyways its MS-7B53, I used JBL...
  4. WIndows 10 mic on headset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Headset Mic not working

Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  6. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  7. Headset's mic, not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's mic, not working.: I was using my laptop normally, Until My Microphone suddenly stopped working, I checked to see if i accidentally changed the default input setting, then i saw the Microphone was entirely gone. I checked "Device Manager", The Driver was gone too. I checked the "More audio...
  8. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  9. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I'm experiencing an ongoing problem with the microphone on my headset when it is plugged into the front audio jack of my desktop PC. Between troubleshooting the issue varies between the following outcomes:- No input detected at all from my mic- Input is detected but very very...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bluetooth headset drops microphone

2. g433 mic does not work with windows 10

3. microphone not working on wired headset windows 10