Windows 10: Headset mic not working

Discus and support Headset mic not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to get my mic working on my headphones https://amzn.to/34vmbpF I have tried a messenger call to my wife, in the same room and she has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pooky2190, May 31, 2021.

1. pooky2190 Win User

Headset mic not working

I am trying to get my mic working on my headphones https://amzn.to/34vmbpF I have tried a messenger call to my wife, in the same room and she has exactly the same headset, which we have swapped and she can hear and speak OK. But I can only hear, not speak.Other things I've tried;Settings>Sound and changing the device as I have a webcam mic, which the audio on that works, yet the mic on the headphones does not.Settings>Microphone and set 'Allow apps to access your microphone' to ON. 'Allow desktop apps to access your microphone' to ONUsing Skype test call to test the mic on the hea

:)

pooky2190, May 31, 2021

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, May 31, 2021
  3. Helmut Win User
    Headset mic

Depends on the specs of your hardware, you have not given enough detail.

PCs are normally separate Headphone and Mic sockets.
    Laptops a Combo socket (TRRS).

Headsets usually come with adapters to cater for both scenarios.

My headset has a Combo plug (TRRS), and an adapter for separate Headphones and Mic sockets.

You can plug the Headset Combo plug in to a Headphone only socket, but the Mic won't work. there is no second R contact.

Helmut, May 31, 2021
  4. Dragondog Win User

Headset mic not working

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Headset mic not working

1. Headset mic not working - Similar Threads - Headset mic working

2. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  3. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  4. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: For the past few weeks I've been having issues with my mic and for a while I didn't have much but earlier today I discovered something. So as background my mic has broken multiple times, I thought it was my Oculus which part of it may be but then I used my Oculus and it...
  5. Headset's mic, not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's mic, not working.: I was using my laptop normally, Until My Microphone suddenly stopped working, I checked to see if i accidentally changed the default input setting, then i saw the Microphone was entirely gone. I checked "Device Manager", The Driver was gone too. I checked the "More audio...
  6. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  7. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I'm experiencing an ongoing problem with the microphone on my headset when it is plugged into the front audio jack of my desktop PC. Between troubleshooting the issue varies between the following outcomes:- No input detected at all from my mic- Input is detected but very very...
  8. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not working: I have 2 pin microphone one is red and one is green i instered in the cpu but in input device it shows no input device found please inform what to do.. i can hear the sounds but microphone is not working...
  9. Mic not working with headset

Mic not working with headset: I got a headset but theirs a problem, the microphone wont work. So I went to the control panel and went to hardware and sounds and went to sound i saw that my microphone said not plugged in. I was very confused as my microphone was plugged into my headset. Ive tried trouble...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...