Windows 10: headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

Discus and support headset mic on 3.5 jack not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George Nik, Sep 17, 2022.

1. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still persists. Other audio input devices are also working properly bluetooth mic, internal mic, USB mic, USB camera mic.

:)

George Nik, Sep 17, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Sep 17, 2022
  3. fireberd Win User
    Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Restart after disabling the XSplit. May not make a difference but worth trying.

What's left is the possibility the multi jack is the issue. A computer mic needs +5V DC to operate. If that is not being provided it could be a reason the mic is not detected or working. Another problem is the jack or internal components.

Since the separate mic jack works, you could get a splitter, to provide separate TRS plugs for the mic and headset and try that. If that still does not work, it suggests there is a compatibility problem between the headset and your PC (since you reported the headset/mic work in a game console).

fireberd, Sep 17, 2022
  4. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

Wireless 3.5mm headphone/Mic jack

Im looking for something that I can plug a standard PC Headphone and Mic jack cable into from a headset and make it wireless. The Idea is that I would be able to plug the dongle into the PC's head/mic jack and have it powered by battery and the other dongle be battery powered and plug the headset into it. Make the system wireless cause I work at a call center and we are testing throat mics and they use 3.5mm jacks that go to a rj11 phone jack to the phone. I want to beable to go wireless with it too. Word Diagram:

Phone -> RJ11-x2 3.5mm jack -->wireless dongle - - - - - - - - - - - - ->wireless dongle --> Headset x2 3.5mm mic/speaker

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Sep 17, 2022
Thema:

headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

1. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working - Similar Threads - headset mic jack

2. RealtekR Jack Mic not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealtekR Jack Mic not working.: The RealtekR Jack Mic isn't able to recognize that I have earbuds with a microphone plugged in, I've tried using an audio jack splitter adapter, the one that splits both channels and it just keeps saying it isn't plugged in. It also seems the Jack mic, when searching for it's...
  3. RealtekR Jack Mic not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealtekR Jack Mic not working.: The RealtekR Jack Mic isn't able to recognize that I have earbuds with a microphone plugged in, I've tried using an audio jack splitter adapter, the one that splits both channels and it just keeps saying it isn't plugged in. It also seems the Jack mic, when searching for it's...
  4. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  5. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  6. Single jack headset with undetected mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single jack headset with undetected mic: So I got a single jack headset with a built-in microphone. There is only a single jack but there are 2 ports. So is there any way to get the audio output and the microphone to work at the same time properly? without buying a cable adapter?...
  7. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  8. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...
  9. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...
  10. Mic Jack not Working

Mic Jack not Working: Hi Bought this mic on amazon recently Amazon.com: Neewer® Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone Mic for PC Laptop Skype (2X Microphones): Computers Accessories When i connect the Mic to the Jack on the motherboard or my CPU nothing happens Windows 10 does not detect and...