Windows 10: Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Discus and support Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SachetSachdeva, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo cancellation. Normally this should be found in the enhancement tab, correct? The problem is, on my new PC I have Realtek HDA(SST) and it opens a seemingly different B&O Audio Control center. On there, the only option is HP Noise Cancellation. Where is the option for acoustic echo cancellation? I've already checked in the properties of the recording device- there is no enhancements tab there! The echo cancellation helps cut down on the headset's microphone picking up the same audio that is being sent to the headset. Without it, when I am in a call with someone, or am recording audio, there is an awful echo with the microphone picking up what I'm hearing. Thank you for any insight!

:)

SachetSachdeva, Jun 5, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User

Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Either they are playing around with you or you have a chat running, with the MIC allowing everything, no matter what. Suggest unhooking your headset when not using.

bro67, Jun 5, 2019
  3. sebnev Win User
    Microphone picks up headphone audio.

I've had this problem with 2 different types of headsets where the sound coming to my headphones can also be heard through my mic. It's not that the headphones leak the sound since the mic still picks up sound even if I scroll down the headphone audio
    to the lowest with the volume wheel. There has to be some setting in windows 10 or some problem with windows 10 that makes it think the headphone sound is part of the microphone's recorded sound.

sebnev, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

How to play audio and record on headset at the same time in windows

I have a computer which has seperate ports for mic and headphones. I want to record using my headset's built-in mic and play audio at the same time(on the same headset). Basically I'm recording gameplay and want to listen to game sounds on my headset and since I do not have a mic I want to record me speaking too on the same headset. So it should recieve game audio and send mic audio at the same time.

Programming coder, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

1. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone - Similar Threads - Headset mic picks

2. Headphone mic picks up audio from everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic picks up audio from everything: I got a set of NUBWO G06 headphones in late 2021 and already started to have problems with them after the USB died I connected them to the PC via a TRRS audio cable connected to a female to two male splitter. If I have a youtube video playing anyone I am talking to can hear...
  3. Headphone mic picks up audio from everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone mic picks up audio from everything: I got a set of NUBWO G06 headphones in late 2021 and already started to have problems with them after the USB died I connected them to the PC via a TRRS audio cable connected to a female to two male splitter. If I have a youtube video playing anyone I am talking to can hear...
  4. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  5. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  6. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headphones audio plays through mic too

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones audio plays through mic too: For some reason there’s an echo for what I’m hearing through my headphones into my mic and it’s not a hardware problem because I tried muting through the headphones and recording still in the recording I could hear the audio my pc was playing I tried everything but I couldn’t...
  8. Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio

Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio: So recently i have noticed that my mic is picking up all audio from the pc. From game audio to voice calls on discord per se. I have been told that the issue was that my mic was set to stereo mix but i changed that and nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated!...
  9. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...
  10. Mic picking up audio output from headset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic picking up audio output from headset.: Hello, So i recently got a new laptop, and when I went in a call with my friends, they told me they could hear every sound from my PC, for the past 3 hours I've been trying to look for solutions, but none of them are helpful, please help me. Ps, my laptop has IDT sound stuff....