Windows 10: Headset mic problem

Discus and support Headset mic problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. I just got a new pc and it wont find my mic. There are 2 ports , one for a headset and one for a mic, I can hear all sounds but my mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristoSpyrou, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Headset mic problem

Hi there. I just got a new pc and it wont find my mic. There are 2 ports , one for a headset and one for a mic, I can hear all sounds but my mic doesn't work. The headset that I have has its own mic. I have tried to update the drivers and reinstalling them and nothing changed. I still cant figure out what the problem is.

:)

ChristoSpyrou, Dec 7, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 7, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Either they are playing around with you or you have a chat running, with the MIC allowing everything, no matter what. Suggest unhooking your headset when not using.

bro67, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Windbrand Win User

Headset mic problem

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Headset mic problem

1. Headset mic problem - Similar Threads - Headset mic problem

2. Corasair HS35 headset mic problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corasair HS35 headset mic problems: I have an Acer Aspire VX laptop and a Corsair HS35 headset that refuse to work together The audio will play through the headset just fine but I cannot get the microphone to work. When plugged into the 3.5mm port on my laptop I do not see the headset show up in the drop down...
  3. Headset mic

Headset mic: So I bought a headset with mic to play for gaming now here comes the confusing part when I plug it in to pc and I speak into the microphone nothing works, how ever when I speak into ear piece it works Ive tried every setting there is. Please help on what I can do 171624
  4. Headset Mic Problem

Headset Mic Problem: Hi, I just recently switched from mac to windows and my computer asked if I connected headphones or a headset. I chose headphones since I didn't have a headset and pressed do not show again. I now have a headset and it's not using my headset mic but my built-in laptop mic....
  5. headset mic

headset mic: I purchased a headset Frontech model no HF-3442 which has two pins one red and one is green when i insert both the pins I can hear the sounds from the computer but my mic of the headset is detected by the computer but when i speak anything it is not able to recognize...
  6. Headset mic

Headset mic: So a few days ago my partners headset mic stopped working. He can hear but people cannot hear him. I thought it may be where the headset was plugged into so tried it on my pc and didnt work. Then i tried my headset on his pc and my pc and mine did not work either. Now they...
  7. Wireless headset audio + mic problem

Wireless headset audio + mic problem: Hi, i have a Sony WH-CH500 headset and i got a little problem there. I hear the sound very well when i'm not using the headset's mic, but when i enter in a discord channel the audio freeze and just the microphone is working, but the audio is still working as you can see in...
  8. Wireless headset audio + mic problem

Wireless headset audio + mic problem: <p class="contentStandard"><span style="font-face:Roboto, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Hi, i have a Sony WH-CH500 headset and i got a little problem...
  9. Mic and Headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic and Headset: Ok so basically, I have a gaming headset with a mic, I plugged it in via audio jack of my windows 10 computer. At the beginning each time I plugged in my headset my computer would ask me what I plugged in (Headphones, Mic, ETC). So I set it to headphones and clicked: Don't...
  10. Headset mic

Headset mic: im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the jack on my pc, the sound works but not the mic. and i went into the sounds control panel, and the mic says that the input is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 skullcandy microphone