Windows 10: Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Discus and support Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Spartanops101, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected.

When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone.

I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times over to no avail.

Tried plugging into my front and rear jacks.

Tried countless other possible fixes as well but I cannot seem to fix this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Spartanops101, Feb 15, 2019
  2. BStreeter Win User

Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

How odd. I tried using both ports for the mic and headset before and it still said the mic wasn't plugged in, but now it does and the mic is working. I'm not sure what changed overnight, but it would appear the problem is fixed. Sorry to waste your time.

BStreeter, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Did you already try to plugged the headset into another port which indicating the mic and headset icon?
    • When did the issue first occur?
    • Did you already try to use another headset to other devices and check if you are encountering the same issue?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Erson Mag Win User

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset with Mic "not plugged in," clearly plugged in... Win10

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried using other headsets with mic on your computer and check if it's working fine?
    • Have you also tried to insert or use that headset with mic that came with your computer to other computers or devices? This will help us isolate the issue if it's related to your Windows 10 PC or to the headset with mic.
    We look forward to your response.

Erson Mag, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

1. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in - Similar Threads - Headset mic shown

2. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  3. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  4. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in: For a good while now maybe since November 2021 my headset mic hasn't been working and when i check Sound in control panel it says my mic isn't plugged in however it is and I've tried troubleshooting but it still says its not plugged in I've also tried looking at youtube...
  6. Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in: For a good while now maybe since November 2021 my headset mic hasn't been working and when i check Sound in control panel it says my mic isn't plugged in however it is and I've tried troubleshooting but it still says its not plugged in I've also tried looking at youtube...
  7. Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.: If I plug my microphone directly into my pc, and I select mic in, Windows 10 detects it and it works fine. If I plug in my headset into my pc, and select headphone, windows 10 detects my headset but not my microphone when I connect it to the headset. It says “no input device...
  8. Headset mic "not plugged in" when it clearly is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset mic "not plugged in" when it clearly is: Hi, I am having a problem with the microphone on my headset not being detected by my computer. Windows tells me that there is no microphone plugged in when I have clearly done so. I have a sennheiser headset with separate audio/mic jacks, connected to an adapter that feeds...
  9. Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not: I use Turtlebeach Recon 50 headset and microphone. Since the last week I’ve encountered an issue because my computer shows this headset and mic as plugged in but they are not. When I plug in the headset, I have a problem with sound because it comes through the headset but...
  10. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....