Windows 10: Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop

Discus and support Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have this headset, Corsair HS50, that works fine, except, when I decided to update my Windows 10 to a version higher than 1709. At the start of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fL_um0, Nov 13, 2019.

1. /u/fL_um0 Win User

Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop

So I have this headset, Corsair HS50, that works fine, except, when I decided to update my Windows 10 to a version higher than 1709.

At the start of the year, I bought a new laptop, the Predator Helios 300 and for some reason it came with windows 10 version 1709, i didnt really pay attention at the time and carried on setting up my new laptop. Everything was okay up until I got an update for my laptop. When updated, my laptop stops detecting my headset microphone completely. I've tried many things including updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, allowing all apps to use my microphone from the newly added settings that comes with the update. Alas it was to no avail as I still couldn't get it to recognize my microphone and instead just uses the defaultl ppl. microphone onboard the laptop. Up until now, my only solutoon was downgrading my laptop to the previous version (back to 1709), and my microphone is start working again. However, I couldn't possibly keep doing this as the current working version of my windows is very old. one odd thing is that currently my laptop is running version 1803, which my seperate computer is also running, but my microphone works fine on my desktop PC but it doesnt work on my laptop. Maybe its just me being an idiot not doing something so obvious. whatever it is, please point it out, im willing to redo everything i have done just in case i have been doing it wrong.

what i have done:

1. Unplug-plug, on-off.

2. Searching for updates for realtek sound drivers. (Through device manager) and comes up with nothing

3. tested on different computers (mic works on an update that doesn't detect my mic on the laptop)

4. uninstalling realtek sound drivers, restarted.

If you guys can help me out here ill be very grateful as i dont want to spend another 50 bucks on a headset when mine still works just fine. One thing i havent done yet was do a clean wipe for my laptop after updating, as i never had time to move Everything i had in the laptop out before wiping. Now that i have time, i still wish that resetting would be the last resort. i can provide more information if needed as i may have left out some important bits that i can't recall.

submitted by /u/fL_um0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fL_um0, Nov 13, 2019

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop

Both Computer Mic and Headset Mic Not Working After Win. 10 Update

There was a big Windows 10 update for my laptop last night, it took a few hours to complete. When I got up this morning to talk to a few of my friends on Skype, I realized that the microphone on my headset was not working. So, I unplugged my headset and was going to use my laptop's built-in mic, but that one did not work either. I have already opened the device manager to make sure both microphone drivers were updated, and I opened up sound settings to make sure they were both enabled and their levels were turned up. Both mics worked completely fine before this Windows update, is the update the problem, or possibly something else?

SilverTempest, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop

1. Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop - Similar Threads - Headset Mic stops

2. My laptop uses the in built mic instead of my headset mic after a windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop uses the in built mic instead of my headset mic after a windows update: I am using a acer laptop and a hyperx cloud stinger headset. before the latest windows 10 update as of this post 31/7/21, i had the option to update to this version because the previous one would run out of security updates soon. I chose to update it but found out that after...
  3. My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere: This problem has been prevalent for a while but when it happened it was quite sudden. I have a headset that I use to talk to people on discord with and have had no problems until recently where my microphone on my headset all of a sudden stopped working or would be super...
  4. My headset mic stopped working on my new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset mic stopped working on my new pc: I built my PC and got everything setup. However, when I tried out my mic, sometimes I would hear static or nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but that didn't work. Any solutions? submitted by /u/Shadow_Tech_101 [link] [comments]...
  5. headset mic wont work on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headset mic wont work on laptop: Kind of vague title I know. I have a Dell 1500 running windows 10. I have a really nice headset that I got a little while ago for my Xbox. My computer for some reason will not take the microphone input form it even though there is a little headset with a mic next to the...
  6. Headset mic not working on Laptop

Headset mic not working on Laptop: My earphone mic isn't working when I plug it into my laptop, but it works fine on my phone. When I plug it in, the sound works fine but the mic input is using my laptop microphone which isn't as good and makes it hard for me to communicate. I've tried all the options on...
  7. Mic stopped working after update.

Mic stopped working after update.: Hi, my microphone stopped working after I updated my computer. And I can't get it going again, have tested tips from lots of pages but I can't get the microphone up again. Does anyone have any tips?...
  8. Mic stopped working after update

Mic stopped working after update: The mic stopped working in two apps after the last update. It is working in desktop apps but refuses access in some apps used for video editing. It is impossible to turn on mic manually, I tried...
  9. Headset Mic Not Working in Windows 10 laptop.

Headset Mic Not Working in Windows 10 laptop.: My headset is a Turtle Beach headset with a removeable microphone, and it has one audio jack that triggers both the audio that comes out of it, and the microphone, but since last night, the mic has not worked for me, although the audio out of the headset itself works just...
  10. Both Computer Mic and Headset Mic Not Working After Win. 10 Update

Both Computer Mic and Headset Mic Not Working After Win. 10 Update: There was a big Windows 10 update for my laptop last night, it took a few hours to complete. When I got up this morning to talk to a few of my friends on Skype, I realized that the microphone on my headset was not working. So, I unplugged my headset and was going to use my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper x cloud mix cannot detect on win10