Windows 10: Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

Discus and support Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My headset mic just recently decided to stop working mostly. So it does detect stuff, its just quiet, and even then it only detects it when my mic is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChinnchiraYukihasta, May 18, 2022.

1. Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

My headset mic just recently decided to stop working mostly. So it does detect stuff, its just quiet, and even then it only detects it when my mic is literally inside my mouth. I have tried adjusting the volume in the configuration settings and it didn't help, also I cannot find a decibel adjuster at all. it is under Realtek btw. I am going to continue looking into this but I am very confused and kind of need help. Currently I am updating drivers and then I plan to restart my pc, but as of now this is still an issue. Also I have tapped on the mic a lot since the start of this ordeal and i

:)

ChinnchiraYukihasta, May 18, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, May 18, 2022
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Yes I have but it's still too low.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

So I think I found the culprit. The cable itself I connect the headset with has a low-quality built-in mic as well.
    Connecting the headset with that cable into the microphone aux enables that mic instead of the mic built in the headset.

I was thinking of buying an aux cable without a built-in mic but I'd then need something like the following which I can't find anywhere.

Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far [​IMG]

Does such a cable actually exist?

JohnnyGui, May 18, 2022
  4. Zoladex Win User

Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

1. Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far - Similar Threads - Headset Mic too

2. Headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic too low: I'm having this issue whee my mic can't recognize my voice and the volume is too low. I need to cover up my mouth and the mic together for my voice to be recognized. How can I fix this?...
  3. Headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic too low: I'm having this issue whee my mic can't recognize my voice and the volume is too low. I need to cover up my mouth and the mic together for my voice to be recognized. How can I fix this?...
  4. Headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. headset mic too low

headset mic too low: Lately my mic is having an issue that it cannot recognize my voice and it's really low in volume, I need to max everything and close my hands near the mouth to have my voice recognized. Having oculus removed help a lot with the issue. However, right now it's not working at...
  6. headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic too low: Lately my mic is having an issue that it cannot recognize my voice and it's really low in volume, I need to max everything and close my hands near the mouth to have my voice recognized. Having oculus removed help a lot with the issue. However, right now it's not working at...
  7. headset mic too low

8. Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise

Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise: About a week ago my headset mic stopped working in that it is way too quiet. In order for me to get it to recognize my voice I need to put all of the sound levels to max and put the mic essentially inside my mouth, and even then it is very quiet. I found a fix that worked,...
  9. Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far: My headset mic just recently decided to stop working mostly. So it does detect stuff, its just quiet, and even then it only detects it when my mic is literally inside my mouth. I have tried adjusting the volume in the configuration settings and it didn't help, also I cannot...
  10. Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far: My headset mic just recently decided to stop working mostly. So it does detect stuff, its just quiet, and even then it only detects it when my mic is literally inside my mouth. I have tried adjusting the volume in the configuration settings and it didn't help, also I cannot...