Windows 10: Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise

Discus and support Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a week ago my headset mic stopped working in that it is way too quiet. In order for me to get it to recognize my voice I need to put all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChinnchiraYukihasta, May 25, 2022.

1. Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise

About a week ago my headset mic stopped working in that it is way too quiet. In order for me to get it to recognize my voice I need to put all of the sound levels to max and put the mic essentially inside my mouth, and even then it is very quiet. I found a fix that worked, but my mic broke again and I suspect that it involves mic changes with the Oculus. I have disabled to Oculus mic so this issue won't happen again if I do get this fixed. The method that worked for me the first time is uninstalling the Realtek driver and reinstalling it, but that isn't working this time. This is what I used:

:)

ChinnchiraYukihasta, May 25, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, May 25, 2022
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Yes I have but it's still too low.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

So I think I found the culprit. The cable itself I connect the headset with has a low-quality built-in mic as well.
    Connecting the headset with that cable into the microphone aux enables that mic instead of the mic built in the headset.

I was thinking of buying an aux cable without a built-in mic but I'd then need something like the following which I can't find anywhere.

Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise [​IMG]

Does such a cable actually exist?

JohnnyGui, May 25, 2022
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise

Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Did you already try to plugged the headset into another port which indicating the mic and headset icon?
    • When did the issue first occur?
    • Did you already try to use another headset to other devices and check if you are encountering the same issue?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise

1. Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise - Similar Threads - Headset Mic Too

2. Headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic too low: I'm having this issue whee my mic can't recognize my voice and the volume is too low. I need to cover up my mouth and the mic together for my voice to be recognized. How can I fix this?...
  3. Headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic too low: I'm having this issue whee my mic can't recognize my voice and the volume is too low. I need to cover up my mouth and the mic together for my voice to be recognized. How can I fix this?...
  4. Headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headset mic too low: Lately my mic is having an issue that it cannot recognize my voice and it's really low in volume, I need to max everything and close my hands near the mouth to have my voice recognized. Having oculus removed help a lot with the issue. However, right now it's not working at...
  6. headset mic too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic too low: Lately my mic is having an issue that it cannot recognize my voice and it's really low in volume, I need to max everything and close my hands near the mouth to have my voice recognized. Having oculus removed help a lot with the issue. However, right now it's not working at...
  7. headset mic too low

8. Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise: About a week ago my headset mic stopped working in that it is way too quiet. In order for me to get it to recognize my voice I need to put all of the sound levels to max and put the mic essentially inside my mouth, and even then it is very quiet. I found a fix that worked,...
  9. Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise

Headset Mic Too Low, New Issues Arise: About a week ago my headset mic stopped working in that it is way too quiet. In order for me to get it to recognize my voice I need to put all of the sound levels to max and put the mic essentially inside my mouth, and even then it is very quiet. I found a fix that worked,...
  10. Mic Volume too Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Volume too Low: I just recently got a new headset, however this problem is not new to the headset, has just gotten worse. The microphone volume is just simply extremely low, to the point where people are maxing me out in discord and then my volume is just barely comfortable for them...