Windows 10: Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts

Discus and support Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I recently got done switching a prebuilt HP Omen over to a Corsair 4000d Airflow case. The case has a combo-jack on the front panel. This was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FeelinDangerous, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts

Hi. I recently got done switching a prebuilt HP Omen over to a Corsair 4000d Airflow case. The case has a combo-jack on the front panel. This was the same as my old one, where my headset worked perfectly. It fit into my motherboard exactly the same.

Now, my only issue is my microphone will NOT work. I have tested it on my PS4, and it is working. The aux is the 4 ring plug which is correct. I have reinstalled drivers (it uses DTS Audio when I get Realtek drivers). When I go into the sound panel, It detects that a mic is being plugged in and out, but it will not work. I have tried unmuting everything I can find and I have enabled the device. I literally am out of ideas lol.

The same thing happens when I plug it into the "IN" port in the motherboard panel, it shows up as a mic, but no sound will come through.

AUDIO IS WORKING just not my mic!

I'm at the point where I'm banging my head on the wall because I don't know what else there is to do. I would love if someone could provide some input.

submitted by /u/FeelinDangerous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FeelinDangerous, Jan 3, 2021

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Dragondog Win User
    G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts

1. Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts - Similar Threads - Headset Mic several

2. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  3. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  4. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: For the past few weeks I've been having issues with my mic and for a while I didn't have much but earlier today I discovered something. So as background my mic has broken multiple times, I thought it was my Oculus which part of it may be but then I used my Oculus and it...
  5. Headset's mic, not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's mic, not working.: I was using my laptop normally, Until My Microphone suddenly stopped working, I checked to see if i accidentally changed the default input setting, then i saw the Microphone was entirely gone. I checked "Device Manager", The Driver was gone too. I checked the "More audio...
  6. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  7. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I'm experiencing an ongoing problem with the microphone on my headset when it is plugged into the front audio jack of my desktop PC. Between troubleshooting the issue varies between the following outcomes:- No input detected at all from my mic- Input is detected but very very...
  8. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not working: I have 2 pin microphone one is red and one is green i instered in the cpu but in input device it shows no input device found please inform what to do.. i can hear the sounds but microphone is not working...
  9. Mic not working with headset

Mic not working with headset: I got a headset but theirs a problem, the microphone wont work. So I went to the control panel and went to hardware and sounds and went to sound i saw that my microphone said not plugged in. I was very confused as my microphone was plugged into my headset. Ive tried trouble...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...