Windows 10: Headset mic

Discus and support Headset mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Someone please help me my laptop won't detect my headset mic. It detects the headset but I can't hear anything from it and if I speak into the mic it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xoxoreem, Sep 16, 2020.

1. xoxoreem Win User

Headset mic

Someone please help me my laptop won't detect my headset mic. It detects the headset but I can't hear anything from it and if I speak into the mic it just uses the laptop mic instead of the headset mic. I don't know if this is important but my headset is an astro a10 wired

:)

xoxoreem, Sep 16, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Either they are playing around with you or you have a chat running, with the MIC allowing everything, no matter what. Suggest unhooking your headset when not using.

bro67, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Headset mic

Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Headset mic

1. Headset mic - Similar Threads - Headset mic

2. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  3. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  4. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  5. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  6. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...
  7. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...
  8. My HyperX headset works fine but my mic doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HyperX headset works fine but my mic doesn't work anymore.: Hey, I've had this headset for almost a year now and it has been awesome except the fact that for some reason and for no reason my headset mic stopped working. I can hear with them fine but I can't speak with them. I have checked this thread out, where i had the EXACT same...
  9. My HyperX headset works fine but my mic doesn't work anymore.

My HyperX headset works fine but my mic doesn't work anymore.: Hey, I've had this headset for almost a year now and it has been awesome except the fact that for some reason and for no reason my headset mic stopped working. I can hear with them fine but I can't speak with them. I have checked this thread out, where i had the EXACT same...
  10. My HyperX headset works fine but my mic doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware