Windows 10: Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update)

Discus and support Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am posting this because I have completely given up on trying to fix this because I think that I have tried everything and came to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by _leon7327___, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update)

Hello, I am posting this because I have completely given up on trying to fix this because I think that I have tried everything and came to no conclusion. (Before reading, important to note that I have a desktop computer)

-----

So I got my computer at January this year and I have a "Trust GXT" headset which hasn't failed me at all whenever I've spoken to my friends. However, when my computer needed an update on the 13th February my microphone just randomly stopped working (because when I wanted to speak to friends and other people, they all said that they just hear my mic static). At first I thought this might of me being silly or something so I tried unplugging and plugging it in again, this is when this got really weird for me.

----

I've tried so many suggestions. I've tried:

-New Audio Managers

-Reinstalling Audio Drivers

-The Windows Troubleshooter

-Way too many unplugging/plugging in again

----

At this point, I assumed that my headset was broken and that it wasn't my computer. But when I wanted to annoy someone on my Nintendo Switch with my "mic static", for some reason they could hear me and understand me clearly.

----

So this is the point that I am at now, I know that my headset is not broken and my microphone does work, however when I use it on my computer, only mic static is played. Thank you for reading!

:)

_leon7327___, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 5, 2019
  3. No microphone (headset) detected

Hi everyone, I have bought a headset since September and my computer in February 2015 (only one jack for headphone and microphone). Everything worked until February 2016. My headphone worked, but not my microphone.

I noted only microphone included inside my computer work but I don't want to use it due to it's quality difference.

I don't know if it's due to a Windows 10 update or a device driver update, because I tried to update or to come in old version (maybe bad updating file?)

So, if someone had this kind of problem, did you manage to repair it?

My computer is an ASUS N751JK

Thank you

Alexandre ROULEAU, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update)

Headset microphone problems Windows 10

Hello Steyn,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update)

1. Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update) - Similar Threads - Headset Microphone February

2. Simple Questions and Help Thread - Week of February 13th, 2022

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple Questions and Help Thread - Week of February 13th, 2022: submitted by /u/Froggypwns [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/srh21c/simple_questions_and_help_thread_week_of_february/
  3. Microphone/headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone/headset: so i have literally searched through everything. and not a single solution has solved my issue.the problem i am having is with my microphone on my headset and it only seems to occur when i'm using it with my pc. i've tried multiple headsets and the problems still persists....
  4. Headset microphone not showing after new update

Headset microphone not showing after new update: So after installing the new windows update, my windows is not showing/using my headset microphone. Instead using my terrible quality laptop microphone headset name: Asus ROG Strix Fusion 300 windows Os build: 19041.450...
  5. Headset microphone?

Headset microphone?: Well, when I select my headphone microphone as input device in Windows, the sound is suppressed and surround sound is gone. Can anyone help me? headset : Logitech Zone Wireless Kopfhörermikrofon?
  6. headset with microphone

headset with microphone: I am trying to set up a headset with microphone to my new pc, having issues, shows paired, but microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-microphone/fac76416-4b92-4cf3-85d0-ee9de8683d47
  7. headset microphone

headset microphone: I have a HyperX Cloud Revolver and i recently got a new mic from amazon for it since i lost my last one... i have a laptop... Acer Predator Helios 300... ive looked in recording devices even checked disabled... not there... i went into device manager... tried disable and...
  8. Headset/microphone

Headset/microphone: I give up. For years I have been trying to get my headset/mic to work. No matter what I do I can't get my P.C. to recognize the fact that I have a headset with a mic. When I try using an aux splitter it doesn't recognize the headset whatsoever. Any help would be apreciated as...
  9. headset with microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset with microphone: I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?...
  10. No input from Headset Microphone after update

No input from Headset Microphone after update: I have no input from my headset microphone. It does show up in my audio settings and its not muted but when I test it I get no audio. The headset works fine in my laptop. The green bar next to the microphone in the recording device tab doesnt move when I talk, however when I...