Windows 10: Headset microphone audio not detected

Discus and support Headset microphone audio not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShellyWong, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Headset microphone audio not detected

I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone shows up in the devices tab and it's the right one (I think?) but it detects no audio. Mic is not muted either. Any help?

:)

ShellyWong, Jan 14, 2019

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset microphone audio not detected [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Computer Not Detecting My Headset Microphone

I have gotten a new computer recently, and i noticed that when i test my microphone it isn't receiving my voice. It does play audio in my headset but doesn't detect my microphone at all. I have tried using other jacks but it doesn't detect it either. Also
    the jack for the headset has the microphone and the audio combined into one, so i can't plug them into separate jacks. I have tried my other headset that have separated jacks for the audio and the microphone, and plugged them into the designated jacks, but
    it doesn't detect my voice from that headset either.

Fatgineer Program, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Headset microphone audio not detected

Headset microphone not being detected in recording devices

We appreciate the information you provided. We'd like to clarify a few more points:

• What kind of other devices did you test your headset and microphone on? Specifically, did you test it with other laptops, desktop computers, or mobile devices?
    • Since your microphone is connected to your headset, does your headset have only one audio jack or does it have two separate jacks, one for audio and one for the microphone?
    • What type of audio port is on your laptop? Some laptops only support headsets, as evidenced by a headset icon (without a microphone) near the audio port. Older devices usually have separate ports in pink and green for audio and microphone. Newer devices
      have hybrid ports, which have both the headset and microphone icons near it.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Headset microphone audio not detected

1. Headset microphone audio not detected - Similar Threads - Headset microphone audio

2. Headset Microphone Not Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Microphone Not Detected: I recently switched from using a dedicated microphone on the microphone jack to using a headset microphone that shared the speaker port. I was able to use the microphone in a game, but none of my other applications detected any active microphone as being plugged in. My...
  3. Microphone of headset not detected

Microphone of headset not detected: Hi, Sorry to take your time but I have a problem since a couple days...With my headset which worked for more than 3 years, I can hear everything but my microphone is not detected.And the problem is that the only microphone that is detected is the Webcam one which is really...
  4. Headset microphone not detected

Headset microphone not detected: When I have my headset plugged in I want to use my headset microphone however my laptop always uses the built-in microphone instead. The sound comes out of the headset just fine so it is definitely connected. I have looked online and no other similar cases have helped me. The...
  5. Microphone in headset not detected

Microphone in headset not detected: Hi microsoft, my fusion headset with microphone is not being detected on settings, i went into sound control panel and recording button but it did not show, i went into manage devices and it did not show, i tried it on another laptop and it worked and was detected, help?...
  6. Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio: I bought a mic for gaming that says it is compatible with pc. I plugged it into the splitter cables and can hear everything perfectly fine, but the computer isn’t even detecting audio when I speak into the mic. I have been googling and trying everything I find for half an...
  7. Headset microphone not detected

Headset microphone not detected: Hello. Recently I purchased an Acer Nitro 5 laptop. I'm currently using a headset I've had for a while now. When I went to plug it in, the headphones were working fine, but the headset microphone was not being detected. When I go into the "Sounds" settings, the only recording...
  8. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected

Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Headset mic is working fine on my phone but on Windows the mic is not being detected. I've tried this with a different headset and same result as well so it is completely an issue with Windows. I have installed the latest drivers, removed and re-paired the...
  10. Headset Microphone not detected

Headset Microphone not detected: Hello! I've been trying to use my microphone to talk with friends over discord and games, and I've been unable to use the microphone as my laptop doesn't detect the microphone in the devices list. I'm using the Acer Aspire e15 laptop and a nubwo headset. Does anyone have any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc didnt detect my headset but i could hear audio on headset

2. headsets with microphone connected but microphone not active

3. vostro 14 dont detect mic headsets

4. headset audio port drivers,
  5. windows 10 mic not working on headset,
  6. windows 10 headset mic not detected