Windows 10: Headset microphone is connected and the audio driver for the mic jack enabled, but still...

Discus and support Headset microphone is connected and the audio driver for the mic jack enabled, but still... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello. ive been trying to get this issue fixed for 2 weeks now and am getting very frustrated. I just bought new sony MDR-ZX310-L headphones. they do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frustratedfor2daysnow, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Headset microphone is connected and the audio driver for the mic jack enabled, but still...

hello. ive been trying to get this issue fixed for 2 weeks now and am getting very frustrated. I just bought new sony MDR-ZX310-L headphones. they do the job pretty nicely but when I tried the microphone, windows just says "no mic connected". Ive tried ALL kinds of fixes from "cortana and hardware troubleshoot" to "command prompt manual cleanup"

none of these worked. they all tell me to either do "trouble shoot" or to "enable microphone jack from the recording devices tab in sounds window". ive done that, ive updating everything and keep checking every single day for any thing new that can get me out of this hell but nothing helps.

I have browsed the entire questions sections regarding this topic but nothing helps.

if you know how to fix this, please help me.

:)

frustratedfor2daysnow, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Palaven Win User

Want to Enable Built-In Mic With Headset Connected (Combo Jack)

Ok, I fixed the problem. For anyone reading this in the future let me describe the fix in more detail.

(1) Thank you for the reply. I had already tried those steps. The issue was that the same microphone would appear, whether or not my headset was plugged in, and would always be enabled. There was also no microphone that ever appeared as disabled.

(2) The problem, as is turns out, was that my Sound manager was combining my built-in mic and my headset mic into one icon that I could enable or disable. To fix this, open the Realtek HD Audio Manager. In the upper-right hand corner there is a button
    "Device advanced settings." There are two options: (a) "Tie up the same type of input jacks, i.e., line-in microphone, as an input device." and (b) "Separate all input jacks as independent devices."
    You need to change the option to the second one, separate all input jacks.

(3) Once this option has been changed, you can follow the steps laid out in the response. Now two microphones will show in the Audio Devices, and you enable the one you want and disable the other one.

Palaven, Sep 21, 2019
  3. j123 Win User
    Windows 10 audio drivers and headset microphone recognition

Hi,

I've encountered a couple of problems with sound on my Windows 10 laptop. The original issue was very similar to the one outlined here: sound would become much louder in all media after pausing and then playing. I followed the suggestion from that thread to install the generic Microsoft High Definition Audio Device instead of the Realtek one, which solved the issue.

But then when I plugged my headset into the audio jack via an audio/mic splitter (I was using the correct 4 conductor 3.5mm version) my computer no longer recognized the headset's external microphone (only the internal one). So ... I switched back to the Realtek audio driver, which in turn recognized my external mic ... but I'm obviously now back at square one with the original sound problem!

Is there a solution to this vicious cycle?

4. jamos316 Win User

Headset microphone is connected and the audio driver for the mic jack enabled, but still...

audio/mic jack

i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack.
    i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used.
    how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?

jamos316, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Headset microphone is connected and the audio driver for the mic jack enabled, but still...

1. Headset microphone is connected and the audio driver for the mic jack enabled, but still... - Similar Threads - Headset microphone connected

2. Headset's built in mic only is recognized when it is plugged into the microphone jack.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's built in mic only is recognized when it is plugged into the microphone jack.: When I plug the headset into the headphones jack I can hear audio but cant use my mic, and when I plug it into the mic jack i can use the mic but can't hear anything. Also the drivers for the mic and headphones appear separately in Device Manager when they are plugged into...
  3. Headset's built in mic only is recognized when it is plugged into the microphone jack.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset's built in mic only is recognized when it is plugged into the microphone jack.: When I plug the headset into the headphones jack I can hear audio but cant use my mic, and when I plug it into the mic jack i can use the mic but can't hear anything. Also the drivers for the mic and headphones appear separately in Device Manager when they are plugged into...
  4. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  5. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  6. enabling microphone lowers headset audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    enabling microphone lowers headset audio: I am using a Plantronics Blackwire 3220, whenever my microphone on the headset is in use through a program like Discord, or just through testing sound levels on the sound settings the audio i recieve through the headset is lowered by at least 50% and starts to sound slightly...
  7. enabling microphone lowers headset audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enabling microphone lowers headset audio: I am using a Plantronics Blackwire 3220, whenever my microphone on the headset is in use through a program like Discord, or just through testing sound levels on the sound settings the audio i recieve through the headset is lowered by at least 50% and starts to sound slightly...
  8. enabling microphone lowers headset audio

9. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  10. audio/mic jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio/mic jack: i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack. i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used. how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one audio jack for headset and mic driver

2. i connected my bluetooth headset with splitter but still not works