Windows 10: Headset microphone is not showing up on devices

Discus and support Headset microphone is not showing up on devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a headset that came with a splitter and when i plug it into the computer the i can hear audio fine and the headset shows up in devices but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EncryptedJC, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Headset microphone is not showing up on devices

I have a headset that came with a splitter and when i plug it into the computer the i can hear audio fine and the headset shows up in devices but the microphone doesnt show up in devices. How can i fix this?

:)

EncryptedJC, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Animgpt Win User

Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

I tried both the methods mentioned, but my external microphone is still undetectable by Windows.

After connecting an external headset with microphone, headset works, but microphone doesn't. Neither the external speaker, nor the external microphone show up in the playback/recording devices list. After plugging in the integrated headset and microphone
    through 4 pin 3.5 mm jack, sound comes to headphone, but system still uses the internal microphone.

My external microphone was working fine some days back, but I am not sure what happened that it suddenly stopped working and now is even undetectable.

Animgpt, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Chuck38 Win User
    Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Have you checked to see if the microphone is disabled?

To make sure that the microphone is not disabled, please follow the steps below.
    a. Right click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    b. Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled
    devices.
    c. Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Chuck38, Sep 9, 2020
  4. iBSODed Win User

Headset microphone is not showing up on devices

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

It is not disabled no, apologies for the late reply.

iBSODed, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Headset microphone is not showing up on devices

1. Headset microphone is not showing up on devices - Similar Threads - Headset microphone showing

2. Headset not showing up in sound devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not showing up in sound devices?: My headset connects with a 3.5mm plug, I've used it before and it worked fine with the laptop, but now it just won't show as an available output device. I plug it in, I get the Realtek Audio Console popup asking which device I plugged in, I select headset, I hit okay, and...
  3. Headset not showing up in sound devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset not showing up in sound devices?: My headset connects with a 3.5mm plug, I've used it before and it worked fine with the laptop, but now it just won't show as an available output device. I plug it in, I get the Realtek Audio Console popup asking which device I plugged in, I select headset, I hit okay, and...
  4. Headset not showing up in sound devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.: I recently bought an Alienware Aw310h headset, and plugged it into my ALienware M17 r3's headphone jack. But, the microphone is not showing up. Is there something I can do with the computer, or do I need to buy a usb adapter and the splitter cable provided?...
  6. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device: I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I...
  7. Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.: I am using a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set my audio up, but for some reason the microphone doesn't show up anywhere. I've installed the Realtek Audio Driver and troubleshooted,but the microphone from my headsets doesn't show up anywhere, just my webcam microphone....
  8. Headset mic not showing up in recording devices

Headset mic not showing up in recording devices: I am using realtek I have a hp 8100 compact elite small form factor I have plugged my turtle beach 70p recon headset into my pcs headset port It pops up on realtek but it only gives the option to pick headphones line in or mic I have checked sound and looked for...
  9. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...
  10. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...