Windows 10: Headset microphone not being detected

Discus and support Headset microphone not being detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a headset that has a detachable microphone in it. When I plug it in my laptop recognizes the headphones but not the microphone. Under input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drake_1054, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Headset microphone not being detected

I got a headset that has a detachable microphone in it. When I plug it in my laptop recognizes the headphones but not the microphone. Under input devices the only one is the low quality built in microphone that’s right next to the fan while not recognizing the headset microphone. I’ve tried everything. I’ve already got an audio splitter that I’m using but it’s still not being detected. Do I need anything else and what am I doing wrong?

submitted by /u/Drake_1054
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Drake_1054, Sep 1, 2020

2. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I want to use the microphone attached to the headset as I just bought the headset but my laptop is still using the built-in mic and the headset mic is not detected.

ZuvoTheBest, Sep 1, 2020
  3. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but
    my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone.

I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none.
    I've re-installed my Realtek HD Audio driver.

But nothing seems to work.

What should I do to fix this?

ZuvoTheBest, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Headset microphone not being detected

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset microphone not being detected [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Headset microphone not being detected

1. Headset microphone not being detected - Similar Threads - Headset microphone being

2. Headset microphone not being detected/used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not being detected/used: Hey everyone. I have a Razer Blackshark V2x Headset and a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 Laptop. I recently reset my laptop from scratch and now the headset's microphone wont get used whenever I try to use it in apps like discord. The laptop just keeps using the laptop's own default...
  3. Headset microphone not being detected/used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone not being detected/used: Hey everyone. I have a Razer Blackshark V2x Headset and a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 Laptop. I recently reset my laptop from scratch and now the headset's microphone wont get used whenever I try to use it in apps like discord. The laptop just keeps using the laptop's own default...
  4. Headset microphone not being detected on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not being detected on Windows 11: Acer Swift 3 SF314-52G-55WQProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable Device ID C93B2FB4-5C08-4902-8161-1F0E260A6991 Product ID 00325-96217-91145-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No...
  5. Headset microphone not being detected on Windows 11

Headset microphone not being detected on Windows 11: Acer Swift 3 SF314-52G-55WQProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable Device ID C93B2FB4-5C08-4902-8161-1F0E260A6991 Product ID 00325-96217-91145-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No...
  6. Headset microphone is not being detected by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone is not being detected by Windows 11: I have a Logitech G335 headset with a built-in microphone. The headset is connected to the only headset port on my laptop Predator Helios 300 - PH317-54, Windows 11, which, next to it, has a symbol of a headset with a microphone clearly visible. The headphones are detected,...
  7. Headset microphone is not being detected by Windows 11

Headset microphone is not being detected by Windows 11: I have a Logitech G335 headset with a built-in microphone. The headset is connected to the only headset port on my laptop Predator Helios 300 - PH317-54, Windows 11, which, next to it, has a symbol of a headset with a microphone clearly visible. The headphones are detected,...
  8. Headset with microphone not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset with microphone not being detected: Specs: Dell OptiPlex 5060 Windows 10 Black 3.5mm jack on front panel Green audio out jack on back panel I just bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset to use with my work computer (will also be using it for PS4). When plugged into the front jack, Windows does not recognize...
  9. microphone for razer nari headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone for razer nari headset not being detected: my headset (razer nari) has been working fine however for some reason the microphone has stopped being detected, in playback the headset is still there, but in recording there is no sign of the headset at all, i turned on show disable devices ect and still nothing, its as if...
  10. My headset microphone is not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headset microphone is not being detected: 1 year ago I bought a HyperX Cloud headset. Everything worked pretty well on my Laptop, until I built a new PC this year. The front panel has one headphone and one microphone jack, but the headset has only one plug for both the microphone that comes with it and the audio...