Windows 10: Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

Discus and support Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my headset plugged into the front of my PC. The headset has only one jack, the audio one, but should be able to communicate because of the three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by [Chance], Sep 28, 2019.

1. [Chance] Win User

Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

I have my headset plugged into the front of my PC. The headset has only one jack, the audio one, but should be able to communicate because of the three rings on it. My problem is that windows doesn't see that microphone at ALL. YES, I have tried right clicking the "volume icon" to find "recording devices," but surprisingly, I DON'T HAVE THAT ON THERE! When I go into the control panel for the recording devices, I only see three options, Microphone, which is rear panel, Line In, also rear panel, and Stereo Mix, which has no information on it what so ever. I have looked at far too many videos and even other posts, only to get NOWHERE. Special case for this PC, I guess. May I say that the headset works flawlessly on my laptop?

:)

[Chance], Sep 28, 2019

2. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I want to use the microphone attached to the headset as I just bought the headset but my laptop is still using the built-in mic and the headset mic is not detected.

ZuvoTheBest, Sep 28, 2019
  3. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but
    my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone.

I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none.
    I've re-installed my Realtek HD Audio driver.

But nothing seems to work.

What should I do to fix this?

ZuvoTheBest, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

1. Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headset Microphone detected

2. Headset microphone not detecting on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone not detecting on windows 10: I have been trying to solve this problem for now 2 days. The problem is I have a headset with a microphone but my pc doens't detect the microphone, only the headphones.When I switch the headset plug in to the ''microphone plug'' the microphone works, but the headphones don't...
  3. Headset microphone not detecting on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not detecting on windows 10: I have been trying to solve this problem for now 2 days. The problem is I have a headset with a microphone but my pc doens't detect the microphone, only the headphones.When I switch the headset plug in to the ''microphone plug'' the microphone works, but the headphones don't...
  4. Headset microphone not detecting on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone on Headset Not Detected Windows 10

Microphone on Headset Not Detected Windows 10: Hello all, did see a lot of ppl have this problem me included, did try everything from settings, drivers, new headset new install Win 10. Did Chek everything there is in You Tube or any where else. Fack is Headset don't detect Mikrofon only Sound, normally that is interesting...
  6. Headset Microphone Not Detected

Headset Microphone Not Detected: I recently switched from using a dedicated microphone on the microphone jack to using a headset microphone that shared the speaker port. I was able to use the microphone in a game, but none of my other applications detected any active microphone as being plugged in. My...
  7. Microphone of headset not detected

Microphone of headset not detected: Hi, Sorry to take your time but I have a problem since a couple days...With my headset which worked for more than 3 years, I can hear everything but my microphone is not detected.And the problem is that the only microphone that is detected is the Webcam one which is really...
  8. Headset microphone not detected

Headset microphone not detected: When I have my headset plugged in I want to use my headset microphone however my laptop always uses the built-in microphone instead. The sound comes out of the headset just fine so it is definitely connected. I have looked online and no other similar cases have helped me. The...
  9. Headset microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not detected: Hello. Recently I purchased an Acer Nitro 5 laptop. I'm currently using a headset I've had for a while now. When I went to plug it in, the headphones were working fine, but the headset microphone was not being detected. When I go into the "Sounds" settings, the only recording...
  10. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone setup wizard not detecting mic

2. microphone setup wizard not working