Windows 10: Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

Discus and support Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my headset plugged into the front of my PC. The headset has only one jack, the audio one, but should be able to communicate because of the three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by [Chance], Sep 28, 2019.

1. [Chance] Win User

Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

I have my headset plugged into the front of my PC. The headset has only one jack, the audio one, but should be able to communicate because of the three rings on it. My problem is that windows doesn't see that microphone at ALL. YES, I have tried right clicking the "volume icon" to find "recording devices," but surprisingly, I DON'T HAVE THAT ON THERE! When I go into the control panel for the recording devices, I only see three options, Microphone, which is rear panel, Line In, also rear panel, and Stereo Mix, which has no information on it what so ever. I have looked at far too many videos and even other posts, only to get NOWHERE. Special case for this PC, I guess. May I say that the headset works flawlessly on my laptop?

:)

[Chance], Sep 28, 2019

2. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I want to use the microphone attached to the headset as I just bought the headset but my laptop is still using the built-in mic and the headset mic is not detected.

ZuvoTheBest, Sep 28, 2019
  3. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but
    my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone.

I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none.
    I've re-installed my Realtek HD Audio driver.

But nothing seems to work.

What should I do to fix this?

ZuvoTheBest, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

1. Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headset Microphone detected

2. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I just recently got a new asus laptop that runs windows 10 but it doesn't detect my headset microphone. I tried fixing it in sound manager and in the control panel, it just doesn't work. I only see two mic options when I try to change the input they are both the realtek ones....
  3. My Headset microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Headset microphone is not detected: So, today suddenly I got this problem while talking to my friend and I discovered that I was using laptop's mic, and not the headset one. When I tried to switch it, i couldn't see in Sounds > Recording neither device manager, but the weird part is that i can see in Sounds >...
  4. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...
  5. My headset microphone is not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headset microphone is not being detected: 1 year ago I bought a HyperX Cloud headset. Everything worked pretty well on my Laptop, until I built a new PC this year. The front panel has one headphone and one microphone jack, but the headset has only one plug for both the microphone that comes with it and the audio...
  6. Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...

Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...: I have a couple of gaming headsets both with a mute button. If I go into Windows 10 Sound Manager I can see the headset speakers and microphone and all have a mute checkbox. I have written a program in C++ that allows me to mute or un-mute the microphone as seen in the Sound...
  7. Headset microphone audio not detected

Headset microphone audio not detected: I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone shows up in the devices...
  8. Headset microphone not detected by windows

Headset microphone not detected by windows: Built-in mic on my laptop picks up every sound in my house, so I got a nice set of cans with a mic built in. Mic don't work. Doesn't show up anywhere on my computer at all, whatsoever. Not in recording devices, anything. why...
  9. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...
  10. Headset Microphone is not detected by Windows 10 Pro

Headset Microphone is not detected by Windows 10 Pro: I just keep searching on the internet that why my Headset's Microphone is not detected by Windows 10 pro but all I find is how to fix recording issues with microphone. Windows 10 pro doesn't even detect it! I use a jack expander because I only have 1 jack in my Probook, the...