Windows 10: Headset Microphone not Recognized

Discus and support Headset Microphone not Recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a headset with two plugs for audio and microphone individually, and I use an adapter that turns them into a single 3.5mm jack. For some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheComicSans, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Headset Microphone not Recognized

I am using a headset with two plugs for audio and microphone individually, and I use an adapter that turns them into a single 3.5mm jack. For some reason, I can hear the audio in my headset, but my microphone does not work. More specifically, the microphone doesn't even show up as an option.

I am using a Dell laptop with Windows 10.

Headset Microphone not Recognized 2c897923-7a96-4554-974f-59d1ba8215aa?upload=true.png Headset Microphone not Recognized 086efa74-98f8-4e6d-a1b3-3ba99f62d749?upload=true.png

:)

TheComicSans, Dec 21, 2018

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset Microphone not Recognized [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

I would assume I am using the Dell provided Realtek sound Drivers. Im not entirely sure though. Heres what I see in the same spot as your two images. The microphone that is disabled is the inbuilt microphone next to the webcam.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 21, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Headset Microphone not Recognized

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

If it has a "TRRS" plug, it will require an adapter for PC's. PC's (most) require TRS type plugs, one for the mic and another for the headset.

Here is an example of a TRRS plug (used with an iPhone and some game consoles such as a PS4).

Here is an example of a 3.5mm TRS plug

fireberd, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Headset Microphone not Recognized

1. Headset Microphone not Recognized - Similar Threads - Headset Microphone Recognized

2. Xiberia headset microphone not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xiberia headset microphone not recognized.: So I recently got a headset with a decent microphone for an online course, but I noticed that my computer was still only using the built-in microphone. I look up some advice for getting it working, and when I look at my device manager and my control panel, it wasn't showing...
  3. Xiberia headset microphone not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xiberia headset microphone not recognized.: So I recently got a headset with a decent microphone for an online course, but I noticed that my computer was still only using the built-in microphone. I look up some advice for getting it working, and when I look at my device manager and my control panel, it wasn't showing...
  4. Xiberia headset microphone not recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset microphone isn't recognized

Headset microphone isn't recognized: I have been using my HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for awhile now on this computer, and the microphone worked perfectly fine until I come back to my computer, turn it on, and go onto a call with my friends online. They only could hear what I know is my built...
  6. Microphone on Headset not recognized by Windows

Microphone on Headset not recognized by Windows: My headset is the Turtle Beach Recon 70. I have it plugged in to the 3.5mm Combo Jack on my ASUS laptop, and I get sound output to the headphones. The mic, however, is not recognized by the system. The jack should support output and input, but there seems to be no way to get...
  7. Headset microphone not being recognized

Headset microphone not being recognized: I have used this headset with the laptop before, and I have used both the mic and the headphones with it. However, I just went to use it again after some time, and my laptop doesn't recognize the mic with it. The sound still goes through the headphones, and it registers it as...
  8. Bluetooth headset microphone no longer recognized?

Bluetooth headset microphone no longer recognized?: I don't know if it's because of the updates, or what, but my bluetooth headset's microphone isn't being recognized anymore! What is this? I can't find it no matter what I try... It wont show up, but it has worked before. My computer also didn't want to recognize my headset,...
  9. Headset's Microphone isn't recognized

Headset's Microphone isn't recognized: Good Afternoon, I recently bought a Headset that my PC doesn't totally recognize - it appears connected, but only as audio output and not as audio input. I've tried to troubleshoot my problem, but Microsoft's solutions as well the solutions given by the company that...
  10. PC not recognizing headset microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC not recognizing headset microphone: I just recently bought a Cyberpower PC with windows ten installed. I tried to use my built in headset mic to talk with my friends on discord, but it wasn't recognized. I have a turtle beach recon. I reinstalled the drivers, and it still says that there is no microphone...