Windows 10: Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem

Discus and support Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my headset microphone,specifically a logitech G431,was running fine till one day,it suddenly switched to my default laptop mic.At the time I had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BaguetteTank, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem

my headset microphone,specifically a logitech G431,was running fine till one day,it suddenly switched to my default laptop mic.At the time I had no clue what was going on,as I couldnt remember what i did wrong.Time passes and eventually I did something and it was fixed,and it worked again.Until today.I installed a windows update,twice for whatever reason it said i had to do it twice,and it switched back to the default laptop mic.And quite frankly I couldnt remember what i had done to fix it,so I am asking for assistance here.Thank you.

:)

BaguetteTank, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to use Microphone

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to use the Microphone of the Headset to talk to people. It would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to use the Microphone?
    • What is the make and model of the headphone?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

However, let me help you with the steps to setup the Microphone. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

You can also try making the Microphone as the default device. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Now, click on Recordings tab.
    4. Now, right click on the Microphone and select
      Set as Default device. Do the same in Playback and
      Recording tab.
    5. Click on OK, and check if the Microphone is working.

For additional information, see
    Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 11, 2020
  3. JustinHD Win User
    Headset Microphone Problem

Hello,

I've recently came across some issues with my headset's microphone.
    I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and Realtek HD Audio Manager.

The problems are the following:

- microphone recording volume is very low
    - the max volume (in Realtek Manager) that I can set is about 60%, any higher and I sound like a robot
    - it worked fine till a few days ago
    - came across this issue before but it kinda went away on itself, sometimes the mic boost would activate and that would screw up my voice.

Any ideas?

JustinHD, Sep 11, 2020
  4. PixelPoc Win User

Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem

Computer Not Using and or Not recognizing Headset Microphone

Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at the sound settings and saw that under the recording category, It shows a second microphone device that is only accessible by plugging in my headset. But when doing so I've noticed that when talking into my headset mic the recordings menu does not show any signs of sound. But if I tap my headset the sound meter goes up. This makes me think that my computer only picks up sounds around the headset and not the mic itself.

Here is an URL to my Microsoft support question there you can see a picture as well as some replies primarily by me.

Link) Headset Microphone Not Working - Microsoft Community

Other Info
    1) For my sounds, video and game controllers in the Device Manager I have High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio listed.
    2) I have a windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

PixelPoc, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem

1. Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem - Similar Threads - Headset microphone used

2. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset microphone problem: i am having issues with my headset mic. i can hear everything fine but cannot get anything from my mic. i talked to a customer support rep. and she had my rollback my driver on my realtech high def headphone in sounds. after restarting my pc my mic worked just fine, but then...
  3. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset microphone problem: i am having issues with my headset mic. i can hear everything fine but cannot get anything from my mic. i talked to a customer support rep. and she had my rollback my driver on my realtech high def headphone in sounds. after restarting my pc my mic worked just fine, but then...
  4. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset microphone muted by default

Headset microphone muted by default: Hello, I have the "Tronsmart Spunky beat" Bluetooth earphones, which have a mic and can be used as a headset. Whenever I connect them, the mic appears muted by default, and I have to go to the settings and unmute it so I can use it. This is what it looks like after...
  6. Headset unable to use Microphone & Problems with bluetooth

Headset unable to use Microphone & Problems with bluetooth: Hello everyone. I've recently purchased a relatively expensive Headset from Sony Model: WH-1000XM3 and have had troubles with it from the start. There are two separate issues which I will try me level best to describe it. I'm on Windows 10. Issue No. 1 The headset only...
  7. Problems with the headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with the headset microphone.: [ATTACH] (Warning, long post ahead) Hello everyone. I hope you are having a good day. I have been having some serious issues with my headset mic on windows 10. To be clear, it works completely fine on my Xbox one. The headset is an Astro a10, which is supposed to work on...
  8. Cant use headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant use headset microphone.: When i plug in my headsets my pc doesnt see the input device. It sees the output but it doesnt see the mic. I dont know how i can fix this. Help please. submitted by /u/DaffierLime [link] [comments]...
  9. Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem

Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem: If you have a camera with a microphone hooked up to your pc and you also had a headset with a microphone hooked up to your pc could your microphone with your headset stop working with your headset? Like stopped working as in when you go to the control panel> Hardware and...
  10. USB Headset microphone problem

USB Headset microphone problem: Okay here is my problem, I've been using a USB gaming headset for years. I had a Soundblaster Tactics Rage headset, then suddenly last year windows decide that it detects the microphone but it refuses to use it. Long story short, I recently got a new headset and it is...