Windows 10: Headset microphone not working

Discus and support Headset microphone not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently bought a Razer Kraken X, plugged it into my laptop and the microphone doesn't seem to be detecting anywhereeven in the sound control panel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NotMaplesSyrup, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Headset microphone not working

I recently bought a Razer Kraken X, plugged it into my laptop and the microphone doesn't seem to be detecting anywhereeven in the sound control panel. The microphone works on my phone perfectly but its not like I'm a mobile gamer. Can someone please help me.

:)

NotMaplesSyrup, Jun 8, 2021

2. Headsets microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Were you able to use the microphone of your headset before on your computer?
    • If yes, can you try if the microphone of the headset would work on a different computer?
    • Does the port for the jack on your computer is capable of supporting microphone?

We look forward to your

Jarius Tol, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Jen.Q Win User
    Headsets microphone is not working

Hi

I'm Jen, a fellow user and an Independent Advisor.

Here's what you can try:

1. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone

2. Click the Change button, then make sure Microphone for this device is turned on.

3. Make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is turned on.

If you still continue to have the same problem after doing the troubleshooting steps, then proceed to the steps below:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Sound

2. Select the Recording tab, then right click on any empty place inside the device list and tick Show Disabled Devices.

3. Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable.

4. Right click it again and select Set as Default Device.

5. Right click Headset Microphone and click Properties.

6. Click the Levels tab, then drag the volume slider towards the largest value.

7. Click OK

Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Jen.Q, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Headset microphone not working

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Headset microphone not working

1. Headset microphone not working - Similar Threads - Headset microphone working

2. Headset microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not working: My headset microphone has stopped working correctly for my personal computer. It can pick up everything that comes through the headset, but it almost never picks up my voice, and when it does, it sounds really muffled....
  3. Headset microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone not working: Hi Team,Just bought the Epos H6 Pro closed acoustic gaming headset. But the microphone is not working. Plugged red in red & green in green at the back of the PC. Any help on this? Cheers.Best regards,Cubs...
  4. Microphone on Headset not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone on Headset not working: So I've been using a pair of sony Wh-1000xM3's with my computer for a while now and all of a sudden windows stopped recognizing the built-in microphone on it. it recognizes when a device has been plugged in via headphone jack and I can hear out of the headphones but the...
  5. headset microphone not working

headset microphone not working: Hello everyone, after googling and troubleshooting the whole morning I've decided to ask here... I just received a pair of Sennheiser gsp 301 has 2 seperate jacks and the microphone is not working properly on my laptop. The mic only picks up sound if stuck it against my...
  6. Headset Microphone Not Working

Headset Microphone Not Working: I recently received a pare of steelseries ARCTIS 3 headphones. I plugged them into my computer using the splitting cable to plug into the mic and audio ports on the front of my PC. The device is recognized, and the audio works well. However, there is no sound coming from the...
  7. Headsets microphone is not working

Headsets microphone is not working: I purchased a headset that comes with a 3.5mm jack, I have tried plugging it into both the pink and green jack but only the sound works both times. I have to almost shout to even get the smallest amount of detection in Windows Sound for my microphone. I am rather confused...
  8. Headset microphone not working

Headset microphone not working: I recently bought a PC for gaming. Whenever I plug my headset into it, I can hear just fine but cannot talk. Looking in sound control panel, my headset has a "speakers" icon and is called speakers. Clicking on the recording tab in sound control panel, I dont even see my...
  9. Headset Microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not working.: My headset mic isn't being detected in any voice chat. And my laptop has been using the laptop mic instead which all you hear is a fan buzzing. I tried using the Set Up Microphone by going to Recording and clicking on microphone then configure. I've tried using that but the...
  10. Headset microphone not working

Headset microphone not working: I have a pic that allows both a headphone and mic connection. I went through troubleshooting and everything checks fine. The computer recognizes the mic and is registering sound output, but as soon as I go to record or talk to other people, they hear nothing. It's not just...