Windows 10: Headset microphone only transmits system sound?

Discus and support Headset microphone only transmits system sound? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon, since last night I have the problem with my Windows 10 computer that the microphone of my G230 only plays my system sounds, i.e.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by deckenguy, Aug 4, 2020.

1. deckenguy Win User

Headset microphone only transmits system sound?

Good afternoon,

since last night I have the problem with my Windows 10 computer that the microphone of my G230 only plays my system sounds, i.e. everything that is said on TS for example.

I reinstalled the Realtek driver, but this did not help either.

The device is displayed in the settings.

I hope help too

L.G. Deckenguy

:)

deckenguy, Aug 4, 2020

2. Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset microphone only transmits system sound? [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Aug 4, 2020
  4. PixelPoc Win User

Computer Not Using and or Not recognizing Headset Microphone

Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at the sound settings and saw that under the recording category, It shows a second microphone device that is only accessible by plugging in my headset. But when doing so I've noticed that when talking into my headset mic the recordings menu does not show any signs of sound. But if I tap my headset the sound meter goes up. This makes me think that my computer only picks up sounds around the headset and not the mic itself.

Here is an URL to my Microsoft support question there you can see a picture as well as some replies primarily by me.

Link) Headset Microphone Not Working - Microsoft Community

Other Info
    1) For my sounds, video and game controllers in the Device Manager I have High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio listed.
    2) I have a windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

PixelPoc, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Headset microphone only transmits system sound? - Similar Threads - Headset microphone transmits

2. Miracast not transmitting sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast not transmitting sound: My laptop is able to transmit video but not sound. The sound transmits to "Digital Output " by default and the only other option is to transmit sound out of my laptop. I was able to connect to my TV with my old laptop easily. I've attempted to look up solutions online but...
  3. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  4. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  5. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

6. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other: Hello,Recently, I seem to be having issues with my bluetooth headphones. Whenever I set an application to start using the microphone of my headphones, they stop outputting sound. When I set an app to not use it's microphone, the sound comes back. Only one or the other works...
  7. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other: Hello,Recently, I seem to be having issues with my bluetooth headphones. Whenever I set an application to start using the microphone of my headphones, they stop outputting sound. When I set an app to not use it's microphone, the sound comes back. Only one or the other works...
  8. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

9. Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice: When I use my microphone which is part of a headset it records and plays my system sounds music, games, etc., however it does not record my voice at all. It is connected to the PC via the rear 3.5mm jack. I've tried connecting a seperate mic with USB and that works...
  10. Microphone transmits sounds?

Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?