Windows 10: Headset Microphone only working with hands-free mode

Discus and support Headset Microphone only working with hands-free mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I have a new headset, the Sony WH-XB900N. Audio Input and Output work flawlessly on my Samsung Phone and my MacBook Pro. Connecting them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeonWun, Dec 10, 2020.

1. LeonWun Win User

Headset Microphone only working with hands-free mode

Hey,

I have a new headset, the Sony WH-XB900N. Audio Input and Output work flawlessly on my Samsung Phone and my MacBook Pro. Connecting them to Windows 10 is a big struggle.

I connected the device to my Windows 10 with the name "LE_WH_XB900N". Nothing happened. Then I saw that I can connect to "WH-XB900N" as well.

After connecting to both I heard sound for the first time. Checking the Sound Manager Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Sound I can choose between the regular Headset Version and a Hands-Free Version in the Playback Tab.

Using the regular version, the Sound is great. The Hands-Free version's sound is ****.

In the recording tab I can only choose the Hands-Free Version! This means that the input sound of the headset's mic is sounding like a 1950's radio.

Steps I already tried:

- Uninstalled all Bluetooth Drivers

- Disconnected the Headset and reconnected

- Disabled the Hands-Free Option in Properties then there will be no input option in the recording tab

- Rebooted the system after every step

- sfc /scannow

- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Again: It does work on my Smartphone and my MacBook. The problem must be within Windows 10.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

LeonWun, Dec 10, 2020

2. Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Headsets microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Were you able to use the microphone of your headset before on your computer?
    • If yes, can you try if the microphone of the headset would work on a different computer?
    • Does the port for the jack on your computer is capable of supporting microphone?

We look forward to your

Jarius Tol, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Headset Microphone only working with hands-free mode

Headset hands free mode not working but stereo mode is working.

My Bluetooth headset's hands free mode is not working and i can't use it's mic. I am facing a lot of problems in my online classes due to this issue. But i can hear from stereo mode. Can anyone tell me how to use the mic and hands free mode. One more thing
    the headset's mic is working in Android phones but not in laptop/pc. My headset are Boat Rockerz 610. Please help

manojapreja, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Headset Microphone only working with hands-free mode

1. Headset Microphone only working with hands-free mode - Similar Threads - Headset Microphone working

2. Hand's free only Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hand's free only Headphones: I have seen this question asked around, yet I haven't found a solution to my case in particular. As far as I am aware, the default stereo stopped being "connected" as of today, as because yesterday it was perfectly fine. I shut down my computer and come back today to a...
  3. Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode: Up until yesterday, my earbuds had the option between normal use and hands-free, but now connecting them only allows hands-free. The normal use seems to have been completely removed. Additionally, when connecting the earbuds, it will only display as voice sometimes when...
  4. Headset Hands free telephony

Headset Hands free telephony: Hi. I have been using my headset with my Windows 10 PC for a while now. But the sound quality went bad and I searched for a solution in youtube. I was told to go to devices and printers and go to properties of the headset and then uncheck the Hands-free telephony box. After...
  5. I have a headset but the mic is only on the hands-free mode is there a way to get rid of...

I have a headset but the mic is only on the hands-free mode is there a way to get rid of...: if anyone can help me merge these 2 so that i can remove hands free mode and keep my mic that would be cool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-headset-but-the-mic-is-only-on-the-hands/8e7d02e0-0766-42a6-82b9-f643c3c520af
  6. Bluetooth Headset Hands-Free mode Distorted Sound

Bluetooth Headset Hands-Free mode Distorted Sound: Hi, I have a P47 Headset that I connect to my PC with a Bluetooth 5 Adapter. Upon pairing, the headset Stereo mode works wonderfully but the Hands-free version wont. When I try to make the hands-free as default audio device it sounds distorted/Buzzing. I tried using the...
  7. Headset hands free mode not working but stereo mode is working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset hands free mode not working but stereo mode is working.: My Bluetooth headset's hands free mode is not working and i can't use it's mic. I am facing a lot of problems in my online classes due to this issue. But i can hear from stereo mode. Can anyone tell me how to use the mic and hands free mode. One more thing the headset's mic...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Hands-free function does not work

Bluetooth Headset Hands-free function does not work: Hi. I am trying to use AHT-WS330BT bluetooth headset to my laptop which runs windows 10. The headphone is working well, I suppose, because I can hear vivid sound from the headphone. However, the mic seems to be not working. The headset itself is for sure not defective. I...
  9. Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.

Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.: I'm using SkullCandy Crusher headphones with a dell windows 10 PC. They were working before I went on vacation. Before vacation, in the sound control panel the headset would show up twice, one as stereo, and one as hands-free AG. I would have the Stereo one as my default...
  10. My headset is only able to be used in "hands-free AG" mode

My headset is only able to be used in "hands-free AG" mode: Hi, I've been having a lot of issues with my headphones today as I decided to un-pair and re-pair my bluetooth headset earlier. Ever since then, the "stereo" version of my headset has disappeared and I'm only able to use my headset in the "hands-free AG" mode. I checked for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones microphone only works with handsfree

2. headphones mic only works in hands free mode

3. headphone mics only have hands free option