Windows 10: Headset microphone registered but can't connect.

Discus and support Headset microphone registered but can't connect. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own a Turtle Beach Elite 800x, I usually have it connected via Bluetooth and the microphone work fine, have to connect it in Audio Devices sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NorthernXY, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Headset microphone registered but can't connect.

I own a Turtle Beach Elite 800x, I usually have it connected via Bluetooth and the microphone work fine, have to connect it in Audio Devices sometimes though. Haven't used it in a week and discovered this morning that while Audio Devices registers the audio in the Playback tab, it won't let me connect when I switch to the Recording tab. Device Manager doesn't show the microphone driver in Audio Inputs and Outputs, even though when I select Show Hidden Devices, it still has a microphone driver for another Turtle Beach headset I own and haven't used in a while. Uninstalled, reinstalled, upgraded Bluetooth, troubleshooted everything, updated Windows, had Microsoft take over my computer and look at it. The headset works with my Android phone so it's not the headset.

* Moved from Insider

:)

NorthernXY, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Headset/Mic is plugged in and registered by the computer, but no sound is being picked up by the microphone.

Hi,

Since you have done some troubleshooting steps to get your microphone working on your headset, we suggest that you remove all the speakers connected to your computer. Then try again using your microphone, put it on the front panel to figure out if it's going
    to work. We'd also like to know if you have tried using another device with a microphone to isolate the issue.

Do update us if it does make any difference.

Kind regards.

Julie Ram, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 - microphone on headset is connected, but not working (headphones work)

After providing the necessary information, the issue is within the audio jack of your computer. We suggest contacting its manufacturer for better assistance.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Headset microphone registered but can't connect.

Microphone connection

Hi,

Regarding your query with your microphone connection, we suggest to answer the following questions below:

• What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • What is the specs of your microphone?

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Headset microphone registered but can't connect.

1. Headset microphone registered but can't connect. - Similar Threads - Headset microphone registered

2. Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?: I've had this problem for a while. No headset or earbud microphone will work. I've only gotten a camera microphone to connect to it. I know the microphone works, and as of trying to connect it again, I'm using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen. I don't even see the choice for Airpods...
  3. Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?: I've had this problem for a while. No headset or earbud microphone will work. I've only gotten a camera microphone to connect to it. I know the microphone works, and as of trying to connect it again, I'm using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen. I don't even see the choice for Airpods...
  4. Microphone not connecting to bluetooth headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not connecting to bluetooth headset.: I'm trying to connect my headset with the mic, but somehow it only displays "connected audio" instead of "connected mic, audio" which it normally does. I tried with another headset, and the mic worked. How do I fix this?...
  5. Microphone not connecting to bluetooth headset.

Microphone not connecting to bluetooth headset.: I'm trying to connect my headset with the mic, but somehow it only displays "connected audio" instead of "connected mic, audio" which it normally does. I tried with another headset, and the mic worked. How do I fix this?...
  6. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  7. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  8. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

9. Headset Microphone can't be detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone can't be detected: Hi guys!I've used my headset with a microphone for over 2 years now. About a week ago I noticed that my microphone wasn't working properly, so I bought a new one, sine I wanted to buy a new one anyways. But now Windows cant detect the new microphone too. I've tried to look...
  10. Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.: Hi, I am trying to record audio from my digital piano (Korg LP-380) onto my Surface Pro 3. To do this I am using a male/male 3.5mm cable to connect the two devices https://imgur.com/gXcIknP. Here is the PC's system info https://imgur.com/vEoiQqS In the recording devices...