Windows 10: Headset microphone speaks to me but to no one else, help do what?

Discus and support Headset microphone speaks to me but to no one else, help do what? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks, I originally wanted to solve another problem and deleted the microphone at audio endpoint in the device manager. The result -> I hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elJuls, Aug 4, 2020.

1. elJuls Win User

Headset microphone speaks to me but to no one else, help do what?

Hi folks, I originally wanted to solve another problem and deleted the microphone at audio endpoint in the device manager.

The result -> I hear myself talking, but in Teamspeak I'm dead

So, I sit jz already for 3 hours to solve this, have the hook "Use this device as playback source" of course not activated and still I come to no solution.

I have even already de- and re-installed the audio driver.

I thank you in advance for your help!

:)

elJuls, Aug 4, 2020

2. Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak

Looking for assistance this.

I cannot hear myself on my headphones when I speak into my headset. The microphone is a USB device and the headset is plugged into the computer through the 3.5mm jack. Both devices are high quality, and otherwise function normally. However, I am now working
    from home and doing a lot of VTC sessions. When I cannot hear myself speak I feel like no one else can either and it throws me off. I fly as a hobby so I am used to being able to hear myself on the radio when speaking.

I have tried several methods suggested by Windows help, but so far no success.

Thanks,

James

JamesLawson9, Aug 4, 2020
  3. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Aug 4, 2020
  4. LeonLaude Win User

Microphone & Speaking

Hi tlcadieux2,

There are a number of reasons why you are having challenges in using the Microphone while talking to Cortana.

Below are the different methods on how to get this resolved.

Method 1: Turn on the Microphone in Settings.

This is the most common reason why the Microphone is not working. You can turn on the Microphone by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Privacy.
    • Click Microphone.
    • Under Let apps use my microphone, slide the toggle button to turn it on.

Method 2: Set up Microphone from the Control Panel.

Modifying the Sound Settings may help in resolving your concern. Follow the steps below:

• Type Sound in Cortana Search.
    • Choose the first search result.
    • Click the Recording tab.
    • If you can’t find the Microphone from the list, right-click on the list then select Show Disabled Devices, otherwise proceed to step 5.
    • Right-click the Microphone.
    • Select Enable.
    • Click Properties.
    • Choose the Levels tab.
    • Set the Microphone volume to a higher value.
    • Choose the Enhancements tab.
    • Tick the box beside the Disable all sound effects option.
    • Hit OK.

Method 3: Update the Microphone driver.

Here’s an article that would walk you through the steps on how to update drivers
    in Windows 10. It also includes steps in case you would have to uninstall and reinstall the Microphone driver.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Headset microphone speaks to me but to no one else, help do what? - Similar Threads - Headset microphone speaks

2. Help with bluetooth headset and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with bluetooth headset and microphone: I would appreciate help with this. Im using bluetooth headphones and they were perfect, whenever i connected them i would get "connected Music Microphone" and i could hear perfectly, i realized my headphones had a way of connecting them by cable, so i tried it and didnt like...
  3. Help with bluetooth headset and microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with bluetooth headset and microphone: I would appreciate help with this. Im using bluetooth headphones and they were perfect, whenever i connected them i would get "connected Music Microphone" and i could hear perfectly, i realized my headphones had a way of connecting them by cable, so i tried it and didnt like...
  4. Help with bluetooth headset and microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Please help me with my laptop microphone/headset driver problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me with my laptop microphone/headset driver problem.: I am using an Asus gaming laptop with a combo jack. I've had this problem for a while and it's really annoying. I plug my headset into the combo jack, and the speakers work but the mic doesn't. My laptop keeps using the built-in microphone instead of my headset microphone. I...
  6. Please help me with my laptop microphone/headset driver problem.

Please help me with my laptop microphone/headset driver problem.: I am using an Asus gaming laptop with a combo jack. I've had this problem for a while and it's really annoying. I plug my headset into the combo jack, and the speakers work but the mic doesn't. My laptop keeps using the built-in microphone instead of my headset microphone. I...
  7. Headset Microphone, when speaking I'm using 5% of my total microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone, when speaking I'm using 5% of my total microphone volume.: Hello, I've had this problem for a while now, and its getting more and more frustrating as time goes on because when I play online with my friends, my microphone volume is so low though its 100% on every app I use, It's 100% on discord and my friends have me on 200% volume...
  8. Headset Microphone, when speaking I'm using 5% of my total microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Microphone, when speaking I'm using 5% of my total microphone volume.: Hello, I've had this problem for a while now, and its getting more and more frustrating as time goes on because when I play online with my friends, my microphone volume is so low though its 100% on every app I use, It's 100% on discord and my friends have me on 200% volume...
  9. unable to speak into my headset.

unable to speak into my headset.: I cannot hear through my headset. THe sound is coming from the pc and not into the headset. And I cannot be heard but I can hear the beep when the diagnostic is done....
  10. Headset microphone is not working. Help!

Headset microphone is not working. Help!: My headset's Logitech H390 microphone is not picking up sound but my laptop's built-in microphone works fine. Headset's speaker is also fine. People can't hear me whenever I do conference call on skype, messenger or joinme etc but I can hear them. I tried audio recorder but...