Windows 10: Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

Discus and support Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to record audio from my digital piano (Korg LP-380) onto my Surface Pro 3. To do this I am using a male/male 3.5mm cable to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheDarkSoul117, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

Hi,

I am trying to record audio from my digital piano (Korg LP-380) onto my Surface Pro 3. To do this I am using a male/male 3.5mm cable to connect the two devices https://imgur.com/gXcIknP. Here is the PC's system info https://imgur.com/vEoiQqS

In the recording devices tab in the control panel the Headset Microphone is listed as not plugged in and does not register sound when I play keys https://imgur.com/rMFHfyq .

I have tested with other devices and the piano sound works perfectly when I use the same 3.5mm cable to connect it to a UE Boom speaker, so the issue is unlikely to be with the cable or the piano.

Solutions I have already tried are using Device Manager to update, uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the headset microphone https://imgur.com/sE4bXKE , restarting the surface, turning the piano on and off again. Using the troubleshooting feature only tells me the microphone is not plugged in (even though its obviously connected), and that I should plug it in.

Googling the issue seems to just tell me to update the drivers, which hasn't helped. Unless there are some other audio recording drivers i'm unaware of.

Thank you for your time Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input. :)

:)

TheDarkSoul117, Mar 10, 2019

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Mar 10, 2019
  3. eromo Win User
    No input from Headset Microphone after update

I have no input from my headset microphone. It does show up in my audio settings and its not muted but when I test it I get no audio. The headset works fine in my laptop.

The green bar next to the microphone in the recording device tab doesnt move when I talk, however when I click on "listen to this device" I can hear myself.

Ive tried everything I could think of from restarting my computer to updating my headset's firmware.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

eromo, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

Headset/Mic is plugged in and registered by the computer, but no sound is being picked up by the microphone.

Hi,

Since you have done some troubleshooting steps to get your microphone working on your headset, we suggest that you remove all the speakers connected to your computer. Then try again using your microphone, put it on the front panel to figure out if it's going
    to work. We'd also like to know if you have tried using another device with a microphone to isolate the issue.

Do update us if it does make any difference.

Kind regards.

Julie Ram, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

1. Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input. - Similar Threads - Headset Microphone status

2. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  3. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  4. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  6. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  7. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist

Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist: I am using the Astro A10 headset with the built-in microphone, and have plugged it into the 3.5mm headphone jack. When I load up any application that uses sound, It comes through the headset as I have selected. However, the input still comes from my laptop's microphone which...
  9. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...
  10. Headset microphone registered but can't connect.

Headset microphone registered but can't connect.: I own a Turtle Beach Elite 800x, I usually have it connected via Bluetooth and the microphone work fine, have to connect it in Audio Devices sometimes though. Haven't used it in a week and discovered this morning that while Audio Devices registers the audio in the Playback...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. record mic 3.5mm input .jar