Windows 10: Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...

Discus and support Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a couple of gaming headsets both with a mute button. If I go into Windows 10 Sound Manager I can see the headset speakers and microphone and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Larry G. Robertson, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...

I have a couple of gaming headsets both with a mute button. If I go into Windows 10 Sound Manager I can see the headset speakers and microphone and all have a mute checkbox.

I have written a program in C++ that allows me to mute or un-mute the microphone as seen in the Sound Manager and the checkbox is turned on and off successfully coinciding with my C++ program settings.

This setting is overriding the Mute button on the headset and I can see no way to detect the user muting the microphone via the headset's mute button. I am trying to incorporate into an application for the Visually Impaired or Totally Blind the ability to play a unique sound effect into the headset speakers that would tell the user if the microphone is muted or un-muted when they press the headset's mute button.

See also directly related artical: https://github.com/naudio/NAudio/issues/337

I already know that this behavior is "By Design" as of Windows Vista.

Question 1: When Direct-x was retired, why wasn't the ability to have separate volume and mute controls for each device considered in the new Vista design? The decision was apparently made to push that functionality to become the device driver's responsibility, who's volume and mute properties are not accessible programmatically.

I have a Dell Computer Running Windows 10 1809 with MAXXAUDIOPRO by Waves

I really do miss Direct-X it behaved perfectly for developers.

Please consider adding such functionality to future versions of Windows and to also have as part of the Windows Development Committee a member that represents the Hearing Impaired as well as the Visually Impaired that will give good input for enhancements to the Ease of Access Technology.

Thank you all for listening.

:)

Larry G. Robertson, Mar 27, 2019

2. My headset microphone is not detected.

Yesterday I ordered a logitech G231 headset because my razer kraken pro neon green was ripping off and the microphone wasn't detected for a reason. So how it all happened that my headset mics wont work on my laptop is because once when I all time plugged
    my headset it took while till it was connected than I could hear everything in it. So once I just resetted my audio settings than no sound and things were there. Later I downloaded realtek and than speakers were installed and when I plugged my headset in than
    no headset was detected but I could find it as speakers but that is no problem. But the problem is that it didn't detect any headset microphone but it used my laptop microphone which is kinda awkward since I game with my friends and they could hear background
    noises. So I am really pissed off since my laptop won't detect any headset microphone, I also connected the 2 plugs for headphone and microphone and it still didn't recognize it. Now I disabled the realtek audio and now I haven't anything to hear sound. What
    I want is a perfect solution that my laptop would detect my headset and the microphone and when I look at device manager the headset isn't even there I also tried restarting my laptop still not recognized. Can someone help me please?!

YIGIDOBK58, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Computer Not Detecting My Headset Microphone

I have gotten a new computer recently, and i noticed that when i test my microphone it isn't receiving my voice. It does play audio in my headset but doesn't detect my microphone at all. I have tried using other jacks but it doesn't detect it either. Also
    the jack for the headset has the microphone and the audio combined into one, so i can't plug them into separate jacks. I have tried my other headset that have separated jacks for the audio and the microphone, and plugged them into the designated jacks, but
    it doesn't detect my voice from that headset either.

Fatgineer Program, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset... [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...

1. Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset... - Similar Threads - Headset Microphones Programmatically

2. Windows not detecting microphone from headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not detecting microphone from headset: As the title says, my PC can't find the microphone of my headphones. I use Bose noise cancelling 700, and it was strange since Discord found them without any issues, but windows itself couldn't. Nor did Google meetings or Slack. I uninstalled everything related to these...
  3. Headset Microphone Not Detected

Headset Microphone Not Detected: I recently switched from using a dedicated microphone on the microphone jack to using a headset microphone that shared the speaker port. I was able to use the microphone in a game, but none of my other applications detected any active microphone as being plugged in. My...
  4. Microphone of headset not detected

Microphone of headset not detected: Hi, Sorry to take your time but I have a problem since a couple days...With my headset which worked for more than 3 years, I can hear everything but my microphone is not detected.And the problem is that the only microphone that is detected is the Webcam one which is really...
  5. Headset microphone not detected

Headset microphone not detected: When I have my headset plugged in I want to use my headset microphone however my laptop always uses the built-in microphone instead. The sound comes out of the headset just fine so it is definitely connected. I have looked online and no other similar cases have helped me. The...
  6. Headset microphone muted by default

Headset microphone muted by default: Hello, I have the "Tronsmart Spunky beat" Bluetooth earphones, which have a mic and can be used as a headset. Whenever I connect them, the mic appears muted by default, and I have to go to the settings and unmute it so I can use it. This is what it looks like after...
  7. Microphone in headset not detected

Microphone in headset not detected: Hi microsoft, my fusion headset with microphone is not being detected on settings, i went into sound control panel and recording button but it did not show, i went into manage devices and it did not show, i tried it on another laptop and it worked and was detected, help?...
  8. Headset microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not detected: Hello. Recently I purchased an Acer Nitro 5 laptop. I'm currently using a headset I've had for a while now. When I went to plug it in, the headphones were working fine, but the headset microphone was not being detected. When I go into the "Sounds" settings, the only recording...
  9. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...
  10. Headset Microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Microphone not detected: Hello! I've been trying to use my microphone to talk with friends over discord and games, and I've been unable to use the microphone as my laptop doesn't detect the microphone in the devices list. I'm using the Acer Aspire e15 laptop and a nubwo headset. Does anyone have any...