Windows 10: Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones

Discus and support Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The only input device that could be the headset is the Stereo Mix RealtekR Audio- if it is not, then my laptop is not recognising microphones at all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xoharrz, Sep 19, 2021.

1. xoharrz Win User

Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones

The only input device that could be the headset is the Stereo Mix RealtekR Audio- if it is not, then my laptop is not recognising microphones at all I have been testing my laptop with two headsets- one with a single audio jack and USB for LED, and the other with two audiojacks and USB for LED + 2TRS-to-TRRS adaptor. Assuming that the laptop has recognised my headset input device as Stereo Mix, I have set this as the default input device. When selecting "listen", it does not play back anything I say and clearly is not recording environmental sound at all; rather, it plays back any system so

:)

xoharrz, Sep 19, 2021
  2. Mr. Sam Win User

Single jack headset not working

I just bought a GXT 322 CARUS GAMING HEADSET. This headset comes with a single jack and a jack splitter.
    My laptop (ASUS n551jm) has a single jack input.
    Whenever I plugin my headset it won't recognize my microphone, only my headphone.

I also tried using the microphone by using the jacksplitter and only input the pink (microphone) jack. Without results.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Mr. Sam, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Ok, so, i did a couple of things. First i checked in the computer manual to see if it was a TRRS audio port, to which it stated "microphone, or headphones or microphone and headphones combination." This proves that it is a TRRS audio port.

Next, i went onto my dell inspiron 15 -7559, which is my work computer (which has a single TRRS audio port). I plugged the headset in and something came up, asking me what i plugged in. It seemed to be a dell program. It had options such as Speaker, Headphones, Headset (with mic). I selected the Headset (with mic) option and bam, the microphone worked.

So what i was thinking, could my main computer with the troubles have something that has already determined that what i am plugging in is just headphones?

Aaeeschylus, Sep 19, 2021
  4. wolffyx Win User

Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!!

I have my headphones from my phone (it's an Allview P5Quad) and the problem is when I put the headphones at laptop the sound is distorted and i need to take them off a bit like 2 mm to have the right sound but on my brothers laptop when i put the headphones without take them off a bit the sound is not distorted .
    And what I want is if exist a program to recognise a TRRS headphone?
    And one more thing on my brothers laptop for example works if i put a TRRS (Left Audio, Right Audio, Ground, Microphone) or a TRRS (Left Audio, Right Audio,Microphone, Ground).

wolffyx, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones - Similar Threads - Headset microphones working

2. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  3. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  4. Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset: Originally, I connected my headphones & got a notification that asked me what this type of device it was. I had two choices: "Headphones" or "Headset", so I choose Headphones. Now, when I connect my headset to the laptop, it treats it as a headphone and the headset's...
  5. Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset: Originally, I connected my headphones & got a notification that asked me what this type of device it was. I had two choices: "Headphones" or "Headset", so I choose Headphones. Now, when I connect my headset to the laptop, it treats it as a headphone and the headset's...
  6. Microphone being recognized as headphones in 3.5mm jack on Lenovo Ideapad 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone being recognized as headphones in 3.5mm jack on Lenovo Ideapad 3: So, I recently just got a microphone and I plugged into the headphone jack. The sound wasn't working, so I checked settings and it was recognized as headphones. I don't know how to fix this, PLEASE HELP!!...
  7. Single jack headset with undetected mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single jack headset with undetected mic: So I got a single jack headset with a built-in microphone. There is only a single jack but there are 2 ports. So is there any way to get the audio output and the microphone to work at the same time properly? without buying a cable adapter?...
  8. headphone and microphone jack both not working

headphone and microphone jack both not working: my headphone and microphone jacks both on the front and back of my computer have completely stopped working. at first the computer recognized speakers as being plugged in, but no sound would come out. but now, even when i plug in speakers and microphones, they dont even show...
  9. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...
  10. Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!!

Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!!: I have my headphones from my phone (it's an Allview P5Quad) and the problem is when I put the headphones at laptop the sound is distorted and i need to take them off a bit like 2 mm to have the right sound but on my brothers laptop when i put the headphones without take them...