Windows 10: Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

Discus and support Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Got myself a new Nubwo n7 gaming headset. I didn't realize that the mic/ headset input would be an issue with my combo jack, but my laptop has never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by overlordfombax, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

Got myself a new Nubwo n7 gaming headset. I didn't realize that the mic/ headset input would be an issue with my combo jack, but my laptop has never recognized the microphone, even when I plug in only the mic jack. I have tried using a splitter without any results. I know this question has been posted many times before, but the only solutions that I have seen working involve updating your drivers and going through the Realtek Audio Manager to set up the device's multiple connections. However, my computer thus far does not/ cannot open Realtek Audio Manager... I tested it on my gf's desktop and the app opened right away when I plugged the headset in, and I was able to set up the device to record and play back.

I don't think the audio manager app has ever opened on my laptop. I tried grabbing some downloads online, as well as passing the program files for it over from her computer to mine, but I don't think I'm doing anything right here; the audio manager is running as a process but will never open. My Realtek Driver is up to date and I've tried a few restarts... any ideas? Thanks! (And again, sorry for the repeat question - I've been digging at this for a week now!)

Realtek High Definition Audio 10.0.18362.1
    Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222

:)

overlordfombax, Jan 6, 2020

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Cortana will not recognise my USB headset as an audio input device

Even though your headset appears to be working in some apps, it sounds like the Windows 10 equivalent drivers are not allowing the proper drivers to install and take precedent causing Cortana to not recognize said headset.

Lets start with the following steps to correct this:

1. To ensure changes to the driver do not occur without your knowledge, open the Control Panel (right-click Start button and select Control Panel)
    2. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings
    3. Click Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings and select No, let me choose what to do option
    4. Select Never install driver software from Windows Update
    5. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+X and choose Device Manager.
    6. In Device Manager, navigate to Sound, video and game controllers
    7. Right click on the audio /microphone driver currently installed matching said headset and choose uninstall
    8. Ensure the delete the driver software for this device is checked
    9. Download and install the latest drivers for said headset
    10. Reboot the device
    11. Ensure the new drivers are installed and test Cortana ability to recognize the headset

Anthony Bartolo, Jan 6, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager :p

cadaveca, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

1. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager - Similar Threads - Headset mike recognized

2. Headset not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset not recognized: I have the LucidSound LS35X Headphones. They do not connect to my computer. My computer is a Legion T5 28IMB0. It has the following: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable Device ID 43B02CAB-6E7E-4341-B14D-6E725CB60FFC...
  3. bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?: I've found a new problem after my laptop is crashed, everytime I've trying to connect to my headset, the status said connected but as other device, there's no indication of it being connected as audio device with status said connected music, voice, as a result of that the...
  4. bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?: I've found a new problem after my laptop is crashed, everytime I've trying to connect to my headset, the status said connected but as other device, there's no indication of it being connected as audio device with status said connected music, voice, as a result of that the...
  5. bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. mike in the computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mike in the computer: the mike in the computer isnt workingit cant hear what im saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mike-in-the-computer/abaf208c-b36b-4d11-abf9-131004eead95
  7. Why can't open the realtek audio manager?

Why can't open the realtek audio manager?: My os:windows10.I download and install the latest `0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe` from its official website....
  8. can't open realtek audio console and pc won't recognize headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't open realtek audio console and pc won't recognize headset: when I plug in my headset, nothing haooenes, no audio, no mic and the Realtek audio console won't open even when I click it manually from the start menu, what to do? submitted by /u/gnomer_the_gnome [link] [comments]...
  9. Mike not working (recognized ?)

Mike not working (recognized ?): Hello I try to connect a microphone in order to join a conference Even if sound seems to "travel" from mike to speakers, It seems the mike is not recognized by the applications In the Configuration Panel, in the "Recording" section of the "Sound" I have seven choices (see...
  10. Headset not being recognized through audio jack?

Headset not being recognized through audio jack?: I have been very confused about what is going on, so here is all that has been happening. -If I unplug my headset and try to plug it back in through the audio jack, it cannot be recognized by my laptop. When checking audio devices, it says the device being used is my...