Windows 10: Headset not acknowledged as Audio device

Discus and support Headset not acknowledged as Audio device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (Latest version of Windows 10) -I'm in my PC's settings "Bluetooth & other devices" -Bluetooth headset shows up as "Paired" -Problem is: it shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ALFA_BT_youtube, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Headset not acknowledged as Audio device

(Latest version of Windows 10)

-I'm in my PC's settings "Bluetooth & other devices"

-Bluetooth headset shows up as "Paired"

-Problem is: it shows up under "other devices", instead of under "Audio", so I can't actually get sound from my PC into my headset

Anyone know how to convince my PC that the headset is indeed supposed to be listed under "Audio"?

-

submitted by /u/ALFA_BT_youtube
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ALFA_BT_youtube, Nov 18, 2019

2. Cortana will not recognise my USB headset as an audio input device

Even though your headset appears to be working in some apps, it sounds like the Windows 10 equivalent drivers are not allowing the proper drivers to install and take precedent causing Cortana to not recognize said headset.

Lets start with the following steps to correct this:

1. To ensure changes to the driver do not occur without your knowledge, open the Control Panel (right-click Start button and select Control Panel)
    2. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings
    3. Click Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings and select No, let me choose what to do option
    4. Select Never install driver software from Windows Update
    5. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+X and choose Device Manager.
    6. In Device Manager, navigate to Sound, video and game controllers
    7. Right click on the audio /microphone driver currently installed matching said headset and choose uninstall
    8. Ensure the delete the driver software for this device is checked
    9. Download and install the latest drivers for said headset
    10. Reboot the device
    11. Ensure the new drivers are installed and test Cortana ability to recognize the headset

Anthony Bartolo, Nov 18, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset not acknowledged as Audio device :p

cadaveca, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Headset not acknowledged as Audio device

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Headset not acknowledged as Audio device

1. Headset not acknowledged as Audio device - Similar Threads - Headset acknowledged Audio

2. bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?: I've found a new problem after my laptop is crashed, everytime I've trying to connect to my headset, the status said connected but as other device, there's no indication of it being connected as audio device with status said connected music, voice, as a result of that the...
  3. bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?: I've found a new problem after my laptop is crashed, everytime I've trying to connect to my headset, the status said connected but as other device, there's no indication of it being connected as audio device with status said connected music, voice, as a result of that the...
  4. bluetooth headset conected but not recognized as audio device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset getting mistaken for regular audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset getting mistaken for regular audio device: my head setare keep getting mistaken for regular audio. I’ve been on days problem for hours, and I need help. And yes all my drivers and pc is up to date.and the pop up that usually asks what did i plug in stopped popping up i have no idea what to do PLEASE HELP ASAP...
  6. Headset getting mistaken for regular audio device

Headset getting mistaken for regular audio device: my head setare keep getting mistaken for regular audio. I’ve been on days problem for hours, and I need help. And yes all my drivers and pc is up to date.and the pop up that usually asks what did i plug in stopped popping up i have no idea what to do PLEASE HELP ASAP...
  7. Windows 10 won't acknowledge Bluetooth device

Windows 10 won't acknowledge Bluetooth device: I have an older Windows 10 computer without on-board Bluetooth, so I acquired a Techkey BT Wireless Adapter and installed it per the vendor's instructions so I could use the Windows "Your Phone/Your Phone Companion" to make phone calls.I can pair with my computer...
  8. Headset problem on realtek audio device and external usb device

Headset problem on realtek audio device and external usb device: I have a "Predator Helios 300" Laptop for gaming. I enjoy my audio on a GXT 658 Tytan that is connected to a 5.1 External Surround Sound Card. I also have a "Sony 1-7-1 Konan headphones".My problem is I can't get them both to work together when I want to switch to headphones,...
  9. Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device

Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device: Hello, I recently purchassed an Sony WH-1000mx3 wireless headset. I am currently trying to use it as playback device on my PC via Bluetooth. The headset is currently paired and connected, but does not appear as a choice of playback device. What i did so far, in no...
  10. Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device: HelloSo three days ago I wiped all of my drives and installed Windows 10. I have a Corsair Vengenace 2100 headset. I installed the realtek drivers from ASUS download section for my motherboard and then I installed the headset drivers.The problem is that my headset does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plantronics 800lx mic not working

2. plantronics w740 headset sound drivers

3. plantronics no phone is connected