Windows 10: Headset not being recognized through audio jack?

Discus and support Headset not being recognized through audio jack? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been very confused about what is going on, so here is all that has been happening. -If I unplug my headset and try to plug it back in through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zom6ie64, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Zom6ie64 Win User

Headset not being recognized through audio jack?

I have been very confused about what is going on, so here is all that has been happening.

-If I unplug my headset and try to plug it back in through the audio jack, it cannot be recognized by my laptop. When checking audio devices, it says the device being used is my speakers/headphones and that it is using RealtekR Audio. It says this even if my headset kind of works.

Headset not being recognized through audio jack? bab4a773-460a-4352-b89e-be6e8a30dec9?upload=true.png

-If I restart my laptop with my headset already plugged in, the headphones work fine and sound only comes through there, but my microphone does not. Instead, my built-in microphone coming from my laptop is being used, and it won't register my headset microphone.

Headset not being recognized through audio jack? ccf6ae5f-b78a-4661-bd49-497686aa3868?upload=true.png

I have no idea how to fix what is happening and I have tried so many different methods. I have a Dell G3 Laptop and if anyone has any ideas on how I could fix this, please let me know. The permissions for my microphone are allowed, and I have tried going through the Realtek HD Audio Manager methods, but nothing works. Thank you!

:)

Zom6ie64, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Audio Jack isn't Scanning the headset

Hi Aanika,

Faulty audio jack is one of the possible reasons why your headset is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?
    • To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      to resolve sound issues?
    • Is the headset connected to the front panel audio jack or the back panel audio jack?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by preethu on April 23, 2015 to resolve your issue.

We will be looking forward to your response regarding your headset issue.

Eric Ber, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Calvin D Win User
    Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Headset not being recognized through audio jack?

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

GAUTAM GOHIL

gautamgohil, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Headset not being recognized through audio jack?

1. Headset not being recognized through audio jack? - Similar Threads - Headset being recognized

2. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  3. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  4. USB Headset not being recognized

USB Headset not being recognized: I recently bought an Arcus 150T gaming headset. When i plugged it into my laptop i heard a noise as if someone was repeatedly tapping on the outside of the headset. The headset itself is not being recognised and isnt outputting any forms of audio but the rgb on the headset is...
  5. Headset not being recognized.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset not being recognized.: So, I just bought some ebisu headphones and they work just fine. I was trying to find out how to turn my microphone on, and when I went on to sound settings, neither the audio output nor the input where being recognized, but my headphones were working just fine, but the mic...
  6. Headset recognized as Speakers when pugged in Headset/ speaker jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset recognized as Speakers when pugged in Headset/ speaker jack: Soo.... i bought XIBERIA V20 yesterday and i plugged it into Headset/ speaker jack, The Microphone is working fine, but the Sound is really quiet compared to when i plug the Headset into my Phone or when i tried it at store for example. The issue that the Headset are...
  7. Headset microphone not being recognized

Headset microphone not being recognized: I have used this headset with the laptop before, and I have used both the mic and the headphones with it. However, I just went to use it again after some time, and my laptop doesn't recognize the mic with it. The sound still goes through the headphones, and it registers it as...
  8. Laptop not recognize audio jack anymore, plays through speaker instead

Laptop not recognize audio jack anymore, plays through speaker instead: This is the third forum I try to ask for help, hopefully third time is a charm. So, suddenly, two days ago my laptop stopped recognizing that a earphone jack is plugged in and plays all sounds through the speakers instead. - Windows 10 v1909 build 18363.752 (was on v1903...
  9. Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected.

Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected.: Hi, I decided to connect my gaming headset to my laptop through the headphone jack, but when I went to use the app Discord it didn't use my headsets mic, so after this I went to check if my headset was even working. I opened the sound control panel and it said the headset was...
  10. No audio being played through headset

No audio being played through headset: So I just got this headset and as anyone else would I plugged it into my PC, but it doesn't have any sounds coming through. I searched through my sound settings and devices but I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm guessing that my PC isn't detecting my device or some other reason...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. version 1909 no sound jack recognized

2. headphone jack has stopped working on dell 7480 win10