Windows 10: Headset not on the device list.

Discus and support Headset not on the device list. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I got a new headset a day ago and this ASUS Laptop Around Christmas. So the hardware or whatever is NVIDIA. I am trying to figure out how to enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Danny0821, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Danny0821 Win User

Headset not on the device list.

So I got a new headset a day ago and this ASUS Laptop Around Christmas. So the hardware or whatever is NVIDIA. I am trying to figure out how to enable it within my pc so I can hear from it because as of right now even if it is plugged in the audio still comes from the speakers on the laptop. I have tried to do some things that I have researched however nothing has worked so far. Currently when it's plugged in it doesn't show up on the devices list or any other list. And at this point I have given up on trying to do it myself so please help.

:)

Danny0821, Jan 20, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset not on the device list. :p

cadaveca, Jan 20, 2021
  3. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Headset not on the device list.

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Headset not on the device list.

1. Headset not on the device list. - Similar Threads - Headset device list

2. Headset is acting only as headphones and won't show up on device list.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset is acting only as headphones and won't show up on device list.: My microphone does not work on my headset, which I assume is due to it being recognized by the system as a pair of headphones. I tried a updating audio drivers, but it said they were up to date, and my headset doesn't show up at all under devices either in device manager or...
  3. Headset is acting only as headphones and won't show up on device list.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset is acting only as headphones and won't show up on device list.: My microphone does not work on my headset, which I assume is due to it being recognized by the system as a pair of headphones. I tried a updating audio drivers, but it said they were up to date, and my headset doesn't show up at all under devices either in device manager or...
  4. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected: I've connected through Blutooth a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PI7 on my laptop running Windows 10 but they aren't available in the "Select playback device" I used to this and yesterday it just didn't work anymore.I've unpaired and repaired, I've connected them to other devices....
  5. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected: I've connected through Blutooth a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PI7 on my laptop running Windows 10 but they aren't available in the "Select playback device" I used to this and yesterday it just didn't work anymore.I've unpaired and repaired, I've connected them to other devices....
  6. Bluetooth Headset not listed as playback device even though it's connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. bluetooth headsets are listed as other devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth headsets are listed as other devices: I have 3 different Bluetooth headphones and none of them work. My pc was working perfectly, I went on vacation and now it doesn't work. I tried reinstalling drivers, I reinstalled windows tried older Bluetooth devices but none of them seem the help. In the devices section,...
  8. Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices: I paired my newly bought bluetooth headset to my pc Windows 10. When I go to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices, It show my headset is already connected and paired. And all devices are up-to-date. I resetted my pc recently Although it shows my device is ready to...
  9. Device list,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device list,: As you can see, my laptop is connected to my microsoft account, but somehow isn't when I open microsoft store to download something. I am logged on into this laptop with that same account, and have the system requirements for that game as well.[ATTACH]...
  10. WEBCAM NOT LISTED ON DEVICE LIST

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WEBCAM NOT LISTED ON DEVICE LIST: I am having a problem accessing webcam on my dell EPS laptop. I have tried all given advice, tried all the actions or offered information on how to solve it but nothing works. Webcam not listed, neither are imaging devices listed on device manager. I did a search and checked...