Windows 10: Headset not registering in-game

Discus and support Headset not registering in-game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using an xbox 360 controller / wireless receiver. No cords except for the xbox360 specific headset that plugs into the controller itself. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gettheclicker, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Headset not registering in-game

I'm using an xbox 360 controller / wireless receiver. No cords except for the xbox360 specific headset that plugs into the controller itself.

It registers on the computer in the sound device settings. I can hear it, the computer says OK you're good to go but in the game it doesn't register at all. I still have a mic with an X through it in Forza Horizon 3. Also fails to work in Black Ops 2 and Crossout.

:)

gettheclicker, Dec 30, 2017
  2. jakestar1 Win User
    jakestar1, Dec 30, 2017
  3. How to get laptop mic working with headphones

My laptop has a dual headphone/mic jack, and I have a headset with a microphone built into it. Whenever I plug it in, the laptop's in-built microphone is disabled and the headset takes over. I'd like to use the (higher quality) laptop mic instead of the
    (very grainy) headset mic while still having the headphones plugged in. Is there any way of doing this? There appears to be just one recording device called "Microphone (Conexant smart audio device)". When the headphones are unplugged, it registers sounds
    through the laptop mic, and when they're plugged in, it registers sounds through the headset instead, which I don't want.

MizunoRyuu, Dec 30, 2017
Thema:

Headset not registering in-game

1. Headset not registering in-game - Similar Threads - Headset registering game

2. Windows 11 is Registering my Gaming Headset Audeze Penrose as a xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is Registering my Gaming Headset Audeze Penrose as a xbox controller: I have done driver updates, rollbacks, and what not. I cant find anywhere in settings where i can tell windows that this is a headset with a mic. every time i go into discord it does not register my mic and the only work around is restarting the computer. Very annoying....
  3. Windows 11 is Registering my Gaming Headset Audeze Penrose as a xbox controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is Registering my Gaming Headset Audeze Penrose as a xbox controller: I have done driver updates, rollbacks, and what not. I cant find anywhere in settings where i can tell windows that this is a headset with a mic. every time i go into discord it does not register my mic and the only work around is restarting the computer. Very annoying....
  4. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  5. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  6. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  7. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  9. Headset isn't being registered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset isn't being registered.: I've just upgraded my computer from an i7-6700 | GTX 745 to i7-6700 | GTX 1070TI and after doing so, my headset [ HyperX Cloud Core ] was not being read in the PC I've tried to plug it in the back, and front ports. But neither worked. What did work was to get an aux...
  10. Headset microphone registered but can't connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone registered but can't connect.: I own a Turtle Beach Elite 800x, I usually have it connected via Bluetooth and the microphone work fine, have to connect it in Audio Devices sometimes though. Haven't used it in a week and discovered this morning that while Audio Devices registers the audio in the Playback...