Windows 10: Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Discus and support Headset not showing as a Playback Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaringPort0353, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem.

:)

DaringPort0353, Feb 3, 2020

2. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Headset doesn't show up in playback or recording devices

I've seen similar posts, but none of them have helped me.

I recently bought a headset for use with my laptop, but when I connect it and open the sound tab, (right click on the sound icon in the task-bar and click playback devices) it only shows the speakers, and when I click on the recording tab it shows the laptop's
    microphone and a thing that says stereo mix, but not the headset's microphone

If I right click then it shows that I have show disabled and disconnected devices turned on.

I have tried going to device manager and uninstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio driver and then restarting my laptop, as well as updating the driver but nothing has worked.

How can I see my headset in the sound playback and sound recording tabs?

AwesomeBoy12321, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

Hi Gavenjo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want your voice to be captured from the headset and not your computer speakers, then you can change the Playback device in Sound Settings.

Before performing the below steps, make sure the headset is plugged into the computer.

Step 1: Right-click on the Sound icon from the
    Taskbar and click on Sounds.

Step 2: Go to Recording tab > Right-click on empty space in
    Recording tab > Click on Show Disabled Devices.

Step 3: Then, click on your headset and click on
    Set Default > Apply > OK.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Headset not showing as a Playback Device

1. Headset not showing as a Playback Device - Similar Threads - Headset showing Playback

2. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  3. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  4. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device: I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I...
  6. Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.

Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.: xcraft hp1000 headset plugged into my motherboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-not-showing-in-playback-same-as-the/6c75bf79-4f7c-4763-9c46-b04a121267f5
  7. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  8. My headset won't recognized in playback devices

My headset won't recognized in playback devices: My laptop is Lenovo legion y520, this laptop won't recognized my headset . However, I can hear the sound through my headset. The problem is my headset won't be recognized by my laptop. As a result, I can't used the microphone and can't modify the headphone. My Realtek HD...
  9. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add headphones playback