Windows 10: Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.

Discus and support Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; xcraft hp1000 headset plugged into my motherboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xKatada, Dec 21, 2018.

1. xKatada Win User

Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.

xcraft hp1000 headset plugged into my motherboard.

:)

xKatada, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Animgpt Win User

Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

I tried both the methods mentioned, but my external microphone is still undetectable by Windows.

After connecting an external headset with microphone, headset works, but microphone doesn't. Neither the external speaker, nor the external microphone show up in the playback/recording devices list. After plugging in the integrated headset and microphone
    through 4 pin 3.5 mm jack, sound comes to headphone, but system still uses the internal microphone.

My external microphone was working fine some days back, but I am not sure what happened that it suddenly stopped working and now is even undetectable.

Animgpt, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Headset doesn't show up in playback or recording devices

I've seen similar posts, but none of them have helped me.

I recently bought a headset for use with my laptop, but when I connect it and open the sound tab, (right click on the sound icon in the task-bar and click playback devices) it only shows the speakers, and when I click on the recording tab it shows the laptop's
    microphone and a thing that says stereo mix, but not the headset's microphone

If I right click then it shows that I have show disabled and disconnected devices turned on.

I have tried going to device manager and uninstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio driver and then restarting my laptop, as well as updating the driver but nothing has worked.

How can I see my headset in the sound playback and sound recording tabs?

AwesomeBoy12321, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.

Headset not showing in Recording/Playback settings.

Recording devices - https://gyazo.com/fc0b1b1e56dc59d2b4993f75b0705717

Playback devices - https://gyazo.com/e553a4a519ca526bcb3ac5ba8d3c06c2

For the record I have tryed enabling 'Show disconnected/disabled devices' and my headset doesn't show up.

So basically my problem is, I go on skype and play games at the same time with my friends, They complain that they can hear my game sound (any sound from my computer e.g. youtube videos, messages, alerts etc) They say they can hear it crystal clear, so I
    don't believe that it is to do with my microphone sensitivity. I believe that because my headset doesn't show up in my any sound settings that this is causing my audio to come through on skype, although I could be wrong.

I use the HyperX Cloud 1 headset, it doesn't have a usb just the microphone and headphone jacks.

I really need this resolved, I feel bad when my friends complain about hearing game sounds.

I have updated all my drivers and isn't fixed.

Any suggestions are appreciated Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording. :) Thanks

TomJJones42, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.

1. Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording. - Similar Threads - Headset showing Playback

2. Headset microphone doesn't show in recording options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone doesn't show in recording options: My headset has a microphone but it doesn't show up in recording. It will show up in playback and works fine, but isn't an option in recording. Is it even possible to use my headset as playback and recording at the same time? and how would I fix this issue....
  3. my headset microphone is not showing in recording

my headset microphone is not showing in recording: I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to recording to switch devices and my headset didn't show. I tried running multiple troubleshooters and reset my drivers with...
  4. Microphone shows as headset in setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone shows as headset in setting: My microphone(input) shows as headset(output) cannot change this in settings, been working on for over a week. Please assist. submitted by /u/Werezombie16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgdo8d/microphone_shows_as_headset_in_setting/
  5. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device: I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I...
  6. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  7. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...
  8. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  9. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...
  10. Microphone not showing in Recording Devices

Microphone not showing in Recording Devices: I'm attempting to plug in a SADES SA-708 headset into my onboard microphone jack. The only thing that appears in my recording devices is Digital Audio (S/PDIF) and I cannot get the microphone to show up. I have a Intel D975XBX2 and cannot find any drivers for anything really....