Windows 10: Headset not showing up anywhere.

Discus and support Headset not showing up anywhere. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new headset and connected it in to the headphone + microphone jacks, but it doesn't show up as a device. It doesn't show up as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alexm_77, Nov 16, 2020.

1. alexm_77 Win User

Headset not showing up anywhere.

I have recently bought a new headset and connected it in to the headphone + microphone jacks, but it doesn't show up as a device. It doesn't show up as a disabled device either, it is nowhere to be found. It still plays sound, it's just that the microphone doesn't show up anywhere. I don't know where to find it, because Windows is convinced it doesn't exist.

:)

alexm_77, Nov 16, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset not showing up anywhere. :p

cadaveca, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Headset not showing up anywhere. :p

Solaris17, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Headset not showing up anywhere.

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Headset not showing up anywhere.

1. Headset not showing up anywhere. - Similar Threads - Headset showing anywhere

2. Cloud printer is showing as installed but is not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud printer is showing as installed but is not showing up anywhere: This printer says its installed but is not found anywhere on the computer.Not in print management, settings, or registry editor.What would cause this and how could I fix it?ThanksChrisPic related...
  3. Headset not recognized ANYWHERE on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset not recognized ANYWHERE on pc: Hello,I've experienced problems with my headset. I had a Razor headset with integrated mic. Recently I bought a new mic and used it together with headphones. However, I decided to refund my new mic because I didn't like it. Then when I tried to connect my headset again, my...
  4. Bluetooth not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not showing up anywhere: I googled and tried a lot of different things, I even found an old post with someone having a similar issue. I tried what someone recommended for that person to try. Basically, I used to play PES with my cousin using my ps4 controllers, today I try to do that and I noticed...
  5. Headset not connecting any way nor showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not connecting any way nor showing up anywhere: I've been using my headset JBL Live650BTNC for a while now, and always noticed that it never showed up anywhere. Not in the bluetooth section, when trying to connect bluetooth wise. Not when i had it plugged in via a cord never really. But the sound worked so it didn't bother...
  6. MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere

MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere: About a week ago my microphone stopped showing up anywhere, I checked all cables multiple times and nothing was loose. I also just got this microphone 2 months ago. I thought I had messed up settings or downloaded some weird USB software so I used a restore point from that 10...
  7. my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.: I recently bought an Alienware Aw310h headset, and plugged it into my ALienware M17 r3's headphone jack. But, the microphone is not showing up. Is there something I can do with the computer, or do I need to buy a usb adapter and the splitter cable provided?...
  8. HardDrive not showing up anywhere

HardDrive not showing up anywhere: I just installed windows onto my new ssd but my harddrive doesnt show up anywhere. ive checked the BIOS its not there and ive checked the Disc Management and its still not there please help asap...
  9. Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.: I am using a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set my audio up, but for some reason the microphone doesn't show up anywhere. I've installed the Realtek Audio Driver and troubleshooted,but the microphone from my headsets doesn't show up anywhere, just my webcam microphone....
  10. Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc: Hi, I have my headphones with a microphone plugged in, but whenever I try recording anything or testing the microphone from the headset, it picks up my pc's microphone What should I do? It's like my pc ignores me whenever I try to speak into the headset microphone, and...