Windows 10: Headset Not Working Properly After Update 20H2

Discus and support Headset Not Working Properly After Update 20H2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! My headset was working perfectly before the update, and immediately after the update the sound became very echoey and bass boosted and almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pjules1999, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Headset Not Working Properly After Update 20H2

Hello! My headset was working perfectly before the update, and immediately after the update the sound became very echoey and bass boosted and almost like it’s underwater. My mic also stopped working. The inputs and outputs in discord stayed all the same, but my voice was only picked up through the internal mic on the laptop, no matter what input I had selected. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek audio drivers, i’ve done multiple restarts and I’ve adjusted the settings in the properties of the devices; surround sound is not on. I’ve got no clue what the problem is, and I’m wondering if anyone else had this issue with this update.

submitted by /u/pjules1999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pjules1999, Mar 16, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset Not Working Properly After Update 20H2 :p

cadaveca, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Headset Not Working Properly After Update 20H2

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Headset Not Working Properly After Update 20H2

1. Headset Not Working Properly After Update 20H2 - Similar Threads - Headset Working Properly

2. Headset not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not working properly: I have a headset that stopped working on my laptop recently. When I connect the headset, a screen pops up asking what the device connected is and I select headset like always. But now even though I select headset, the audio starts playing through the laptop and not the...
  3. Headset not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working properly: I have a headset that stopped working on my laptop recently. When I connect the headset, a screen pops up asking what the device connected is and I select headset like always. But now even though I select headset, the audio starts playing through the laptop and not the...
  4. Headset not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth headsets are not working properly since Windows was updated

Bluetooth headsets are not working properly since Windows was updated: Today my computer rebooted with the update, since then my bluetooth headphones that worked perfectly fine before now have some very strange lag issues. It's a weird slow stuttering mess. It seems that something within this update has broken the bluetooth...
  6. Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update: I am running Windows 10 Home 20H2, OS Build 19042.685 Since the 20H2 update every time I open Windows Mail App it ramps the fans up, but task manager displays 0% for all tabs When the app opens, emails will load but then freeze and this happens 90% of the time! If the mail...
  7. headset not detected after 20h2 update

headset not detected after 20h2 update: hi microsoft community members , i have a problm after updating to 20h2 my headsetearphones was not detected by windows but it works fine in other devices i tried to reinstall my sound drivers but nothing worked for me before update i had realtek hd audio driver sound but i...
  8. Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keyboards 3, e, d & c. I could resolve the problem by pressing e, d and c at the same time but this morning I did another update and there's no way to make those keys work. Is there a way to fix...
  9. Bluetooth headsets not working properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headsets not working properly?: Is Windows10 having issues with these? I got myself the Bose QC35 II and Sony WH-1000XM3. Both are either not connecting or very stuttery on output. No issues when connected to the phone. submitted by /u/danteafk [link] [comments]...
  10. My Bluetooth headset is not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Bluetooth headset is not working properly: Hi When I connect my Bluetooth headset on pc of Windows 10, it works properly but when sound is off ,it disconnects automatically and then reconnect several times. please help me!...