Windows 10: Headset not working simultaneously with headphones on Windows 10

Discus and support Headset not working simultaneously with headphones on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my issue concenrs the audio settings I'd like to apply in order to play sounds from various applications such as YouTube or CoD: Warzone etc.,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stahuuuu, Apr 16, 2021.

1. stahuuuu Win User

Headset not working simultaneously with headphones on Windows 10

Hello,
    my issue concenrs the audio settings I'd like to apply in order to play sounds from various applications such as YouTube or CoD: Warzone etc., while having a conversation and using the earphones' microphone .​

As the headset/earphones I am using Samsung Galaxy Buds+ 2020.

Apparently the device works in two modes or rather contains of two separate output devices responsible for providing the sound:

-earphonesstereo, used while streaming music from spotify, videogames and other applications

-headsetwith awfull sound quality, used whenever the microphone is active to perform an audio conversation.

In order to listen to the sound of the game I'm playing at the moment and use my mic, I am forced to set the computer audio output to the headset mode, which distorts the sound of the game.

The stereo modes works perfectly if I am not using the mic, othervise it mutes it self completly.

My goal is to at least find out if there is a possibility at all of setting the main audio output to stereo, and use the mic simultaneously, therfore having a conversation with a fine quality of music themes from my game.

Here is what I've already tried:

-trying to set the default audio output as Glaxy Buds+stereo and the default audio input as Galaxy Buds+headset in the Windows Control Panel, but the effect was such that I could not hear anything whenever the mic was used nothing changed

- trying to combine the input from the mic and other sounds that were being played at the moment through an audio mix program "Voicemeeter", but the outcome was still the same.

I will be very gratefull of any advices or solutions.

If the only way I can hear through my earphones while using the mic is by having the "headset" set as the output.

:)

stahuuuu, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Headset not working simultaneously with headphones on Windows 10

1. Headset not working simultaneously with headphones on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headset working simultaneously

2. Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously: I want to live stream simraces using my Pimax Crystal. Problem is that when I have sound on my headset I can't have on the system. I've tried the stereo mix using all options available but it didn't work. Or I have sound on Crystal and none on the system, or no sound anywhere...
  3. Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously: I want to live stream simraces using my Pimax Crystal. Problem is that when I have sound on my headset I can't have on the system. I've tried the stereo mix using all options available but it didn't work. Or I have sound on Crystal and none on the system, or no sound anywhere...
  4. laptop not working with Xbox controller and headset simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop not working with Xbox controller and headset simultaneously: I am on an Alienware laptop not sure the exact model, but it's a few years old and it seems to be unable to output sound to a headset when I have my Xbox controller plugged into the computer. They both work individually, so I doubt it's the devices themselves. I'd think there...
  5. Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset

Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset: Hi everyone,I was hoping someone could help me. I have an issue with my Bluetooth earbuds connection. They show connected to my laptop and I'm able to play audio through them, however the headset functionality for calls is not working.I've tried connecting my earbuds to...
  6. Airpods connected as headphones but not headset in Windows 10

Airpods connected as headphones but not headset in Windows 10: My Airpod Pros were connected to my laptop running Windows 10 and displayed both "Headphone" and "Headset" options for sound and sound/microphone accordingly. After reconnecting my Airpods today, they were only added as "Headphones" and not a "Headset" meaning I cannot use...
  7. Not recognizing both headset and speakers simultaneously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not recognizing both headset and speakers simultaneously: I can't get Windows 10 to recognize both my headset and speakers as separate products, while utilizing both my front and rear audio jacks. I just purchased a replacement headset, and this uses audio jack connectors instead of how my old headset just utilized usb. I also have...
  8. Bluetooth headphones and in built mic not working simultaneously. Please help.

Bluetooth headphones and in built mic not working simultaneously. Please help.: I have Noise Shots X5 bluetooth earphones. When I play audio the mic stops working but when only mic is onrecording audio then the audio/music stops. I have tried many tweaks like setting headset as default device in sound option but it doesn't work. P.S The earphones are...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones and in-built mic not working simultaneously.

Bluetooth Headphones and in-built mic not working simultaneously.: I have Noise Shots X5 bluetooth earphones. When I play audio the mic stops working but when only mic is onrecording audio then the audio/music stops. I havetried many tweaks like setting headset as default device in sound option but it doesn't work. Please help. P.S The...
  10. Mic and Headphone not working simultaneously

Mic and Headphone not working simultaneously: When i have connected my bluetooth headphones , it show up as 2 devices being a headset and a headphones. The headset has a mic and has poor mono audio quality. the headphone has nice stereo audio but no mic. When i use headphone as default for audio and headset for mic, as...