Windows 10: Headset not working when plugged in

Discus and support Headset not working when plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i have this problem with my headset, when i plug it in, the sound does not transfer to my headphone, i have confirmed that this is my devices fault... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lit pheonixYTTuttle, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Headset not working when plugged in

So i have this problem with my headset, when i plug it in, the sound does not transfer to my headphone, i have confirmed that this is my devices fault and not my headset, what i do to counter this is by going into About Your Pc, System Info, Advanced system settings, hardware and press installation settings, and switch it to the other one that is not chose , and restart my device, with my headset plugged in, only then will it work, but if I unplug it and re-plug it, it does not work

:)

lit pheonixYTTuttle, Apr 19, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset not working when plugged in :p

cadaveca, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Whenever i plug earphone during a call, its not working, after that as i cut the call n plug it again, then it works perfectly, then i can use it during call n also listen music

Hi Tamal,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and get back to us with the status to assist you further.

• Switch your phone off and on. After this operation, you may need to re-adjust the volume.
    • Check that your compatible wired headset is properly plugged into your phone.
    • Connect your headset to another phone to check if the issue is with the headset or the phone.
    Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Headset not working when plugged in

Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Headset not working when plugged in

1. Headset not working when plugged in - Similar Threads - Headset working plugged

2. Driver stops working when I plug in headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver stops working when I plug in headset.: I’ve been having this issue since I built my gaming pc last year. Occasionally when I plug in my headset to my computer to let it charge, my monitor would go black and would lose connection. With this I can’t do anything but force the computer to restart. When I boot it back...
  3. Driver stops working when I plug in headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver stops working when I plug in headset.: I’ve been having this issue since I built my gaming pc last year. Occasionally when I plug in my headset to my computer to let it charge, my monitor would go black and would lose connection. With this I can’t do anything but force the computer to restart. When I boot it back...
  4. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  5. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  6. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My plugged in headset isnt working.

My plugged in headset isnt working.: When I took these screenshots my headset was plugged in and I was able to hear audio, but my microphone did not work at all. I would like to add that this happened after I downloaded the Clownfish voice changer before I downloaded it when I plugged it in my headset it gave me...
  8. Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.: If I plug my microphone directly into my pc, and I select mic in, Windows 10 detects it and it works fine. If I plug in my headset into my pc, and select headphone, windows 10 detects my headset but not my microphone when I connect it to the headset. It says “no input device...
  9. Headset mic "not plugged in" when it clearly is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset mic "not plugged in" when it clearly is: Hi, I am having a problem with the microphone on my headset not being detected by my computer. Windows tells me that there is no microphone plugged in when I have clearly done so. I have a sennheiser headset with separate audio/mic jacks, connected to an adapter that feeds...
  10. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...