Windows 10: Headset only appearing as Headphones. Microphone does not appear in Recording Devices

Discus and support Headset only appearing as Headphones. Microphone does not appear in Recording Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi There, I recently ran and installed the latest Windows 10 update, and since then the microphone aspect of my headset ATH-ADG1X has stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Patrick Haynes, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Headset only appearing as Headphones. Microphone does not appear in Recording Devices

Hi There,

I recently ran and installed the latest Windows 10 update, and since then the microphone aspect of my headset ATH-ADG1X has stopped appearing in recording devices. The headphone aspect still works perfectly. The issue is that the PC Dell Laptop see the headset only as headphones, and not a headset as it previously did.

I know the headset is still working, as it works fine on both my PS4 and my Macbook Pro.

I have tried everything that Vijay_Verma suggested in this thread here, to no avail - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-microphone-not-showing-up-in-recording/56a2b4a5-a613-4328-b562-80a2ff03c921

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

Patrick Haynes, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Praedyth Win User

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

I use an Acer Aspire with a hard drive pulled from a new Asus gaming laptop. Ever since making the change, every headset which I connect via the 3.5mm audio port have not appeared in the sound devices panel, although I can still hear sounds on my computer through them, including CS:GO, YouTube, Notifications, etc. However, while my laptop recognizes an audio device is plugged in and plays sound through it, it will not recognize a microphone and record using it. I remember there being a notification which appeared anytime I would plug in an audio device, asking me it was headphones, speakers, or a headset. I found it annoying and set it to "do not show this notification again," is there a way to re-enable this notification?

Praedyth, Sep 25, 2020
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Animgpt Win User

Headset only appearing as Headphones. Microphone does not appear in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

I tried both the methods mentioned, but my external microphone is still undetectable by Windows.

After connecting an external headset with microphone, headset works, but microphone doesn't. Neither the external speaker, nor the external microphone show up in the playback/recording devices list. After plugging in the integrated headset and microphone
    through 4 pin 3.5 mm jack, sound comes to headphone, but system still uses the internal microphone.

My external microphone was working fine some days back, but I am not sure what happened that it suddenly stopped working and now is even undetectable.

Animgpt, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Headset only appearing as Headphones. Microphone does not appear in Recording Devices

1. Headset only appearing as Headphones. Microphone does not appear in Recording Devices - Similar Threads - Headset appearing Headphones

2. Microphone appears as headphones in system settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone appears as headphones in system settings: I'm on an HP EliteBook 840 G3 and using a WM760 A1/A2 Wireless Microphone with the 3.5mm adapter that came with the mic.Whenever I plug the mic in, it shows up in my settings as a pair of headphones...
  3. Microphone appears as headphones in system settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone appears as headphones in system settings: I'm on an HP EliteBook 840 G3 and using a WM760 A1/A2 Wireless Microphone with the 3.5mm adapter that came with the mic.Whenever I plug the mic in, it shows up in my settings as a pair of headphones...
  4. Microphone appears as headphones in system settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Name does not appear on our records

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Name does not appear on our records: I was setting up a new Xbox for my son and put his age info with my email address. Now I cant sign in to my account because it says I need parent permission, but when I try to update the birthday or give permission from another email account, it still won't recognize the...
  6. Mic on headset not appearing in devices

Mic on headset not appearing in devices: I've been having this issue for quite a while now. I have a headset that I know works. The mic on it works on all my other devices just as it should. On my PC, however, the mic is not an option in the recording devices. The sound works just fine. I have the disabled and...
  7. Default Communication Device does not appear to work for recording

Default Communication Device does not appear to work for recording: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, latest Audio Device 1: laptop build-in Audio Device 2: Plantronics wireless headset, set as both default device and default communication device In Control Panel -> Sound Playback appears to be working. The volume bars for wireless headset...
  8. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...
  9. Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.): I use an Acer Aspire with a hard drive pulled from a new Asus gaming laptop. Ever since making the change, every headset which I connect via the 3.5mm audio port have not appeared in the sound devices panel, although I can still hear sounds on my computer through them,...
  10. Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device: HelloSo three days ago I wiped all of my drives and installed Windows 10. I have a Corsair Vengenace 2100 headset. I installed the realtek drivers from ASUS download section for my motherboard and then I installed the headset drivers.The problem is that my headset does not...