Windows 10: Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

Discus and support Headset only registers as sound or microphone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by luftwafer1, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in it only gave me microphone access and I couldnt hear anything. The green port allowed me to hear but didn't let me talk and didn't register a microphone.It used to work without a splitter cable, and I don't currently have one, so I was looking for a way to fix this without a splitter cable.I can't find any Astro a10 driv

:)

luftwafer1, Aug 9, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset only registers as sound or microphone. :p

cadaveca, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Headset only registers as sound or microphone. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Aug 9, 2022
  4. PixelPoc Win User

Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

Computer Not Using and or Not recognizing Headset Microphone

Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at the sound settings and saw that under the recording category, It shows a second microphone device that is only accessible by plugging in my headset. But when doing so I've noticed that when talking into my headset mic the recordings menu does not show any signs of sound. But if I tap my headset the sound meter goes up. This makes me think that my computer only picks up sounds around the headset and not the mic itself.

Here is an URL to my Microsoft support question there you can see a picture as well as some replies primarily by me.

Link) Headset Microphone Not Working - Microsoft Community

Other Info
    1) For my sounds, video and game controllers in the Device Manager I have High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio listed.
    2) I have a windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

PixelPoc, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

1. Headset only registers as sound or microphone. - Similar Threads - Headset registers sound

2. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  3. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  4. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other: Hello,Recently, I seem to be having issues with my bluetooth headphones. Whenever I set an application to start using the microphone of my headphones, they stop outputting sound. When I set an app to not use it's microphone, the sound comes back. Only one or the other works...
  5. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other: Hello,Recently, I seem to be having issues with my bluetooth headphones. Whenever I set an application to start using the microphone of my headphones, they stop outputting sound. When I set an app to not use it's microphone, the sound comes back. Only one or the other works...
  6. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headset microphone only transmits system sound?

Headset microphone only transmits system sound?: Good afternoon, since last night I have the problem with my Windows 10 computer that the microphone of my G230 only plays my system sounds, i.e. everything that is said on TS for example. I reinstalled the Realtek driver, but this did not help either. The device is...
  8. Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.: Hi, I am trying to record audio from my digital piano (Korg LP-380) onto my Surface Pro 3. To do this I am using a male/male 3.5mm cable to connect the two devices https://imgur.com/gXcIknP. Here is the PC's system info https://imgur.com/vEoiQqS In the recording devices...
  9. Headset microphone registered but can't connect.

Headset microphone registered but can't connect.: I own a Turtle Beach Elite 800x, I usually have it connected via Bluetooth and the microphone work fine, have to connect it in Audio Devices sometimes though. Haven't used it in a week and discovered this morning that while Audio Devices registers the audio in the Playback...
  10. Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use

Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use: I have a very odd problem that started today (to my knowledge). For whatever reason, whenever my headset microphone is in use, it completely mutes my sound. The headset is a platronics gamecom 780, and it's my ONLY outgoing and incoming sound device, all the others are...