Windows 10: Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc

Discus and support Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have my headphones with a microphone plugged in, but whenever I try recording anything or testing the microphone from the headset, it picks up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kootly, Sep 4, 2019.

1. kootly Win User

Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc

Hi, I have my headphones with a microphone plugged in, but whenever I try recording anything or testing the microphone from the headset, it picks up my pc's microphone

What should I do? It's like my pc ignores me whenever I try to speak into the headset microphone, and instead picks up audio from the pc microphone instead.

:)

kootly, Sep 4, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc :p

cadaveca, Sep 4, 2019
  3. SRS Premium Sound headset option not showing up when one is plugged in

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

2. Since when are you facing this issue?

3. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

4. Please let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to resolve this issue?

Reply with the information to the above questions, so that we can help you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

You can also try few troubleshooting steps to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Enable the Headset from playback devices.

To do that,

1. Type Control Panel in the Windows search bar.
      2. Open Hardware and Sound > Choose Playback
      3. Select SRS Premium Headset > Click on Set default.
      4. If you can't find it:
    • Right click on an empty space and select, "Show disconnected devices" and "Show disabled devices".
    • Select "Headset" and click on "Properties" and make sure that the Headset is enabled.

Also refer the following link on Fix sound
    problems in Windows 10
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc

"Headset" option missing in Enhancement

"Headset" option does not show in Menu>Settings>Enhancements of Nokia 6288 when the Headset is plugged to the pop-port, although CA-53 cable works fine for PC Suite.

Only the "Charger" option shows in Enhancements.

"Headset" and other options remain missing, hence I cannot play the Radio, or listen over the HeadSet or any hands-free, bcx I keep getting "Connect an enhancement".

Any suggestions?

Jobs, Vacancies, Recruitment.Career.

Tony James, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc

1. Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc - Similar Threads - Headset option showing

2. Headset not recognized ANYWHERE on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not recognized ANYWHERE on pc: Hello,I've experienced problems with my headset. I had a Razor headset with integrated mic. Recently I bought a new mic and used it together with headphones. However, I decided to refund my new mic because I didn't like it. Then when I tried to connect my headset again, my...
  3. Headset not recognized ANYWHERE on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset not recognized ANYWHERE on pc: Hello,I've experienced problems with my headset. I had a Razor headset with integrated mic. Recently I bought a new mic and used it together with headphones. However, I decided to refund my new mic because I didn't like it. Then when I tried to connect my headset again, my...
  4. level options on headset doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    level options on headset doesn't show up: when i open sound>playback>headset>properties>level all i can see is just the volume, before that happened i had about 4-5 options if im not wrong id be happy to get some help about that metter its pretty importent....
  5. level options on headset doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    level options on headset doesn't show up: when i open sound>playback>headset>properties>level all i can see is just the volume, before that happened i had about 4-5 options if im not wrong id be happy to get some help about that metter its pretty importent....
  6. level options on headset doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Headset not connecting any way nor showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not connecting any way nor showing up anywhere: I've been using my headset JBL Live650BTNC for a while now, and always noticed that it never showed up anywhere. Not in the bluetooth section, when trying to connect bluetooth wise. Not when i had it plugged in via a cord never really. But the sound worked so it didn't bother...
  8. Headset not showing up anywhere.

Headset not showing up anywhere.: I have recently bought a new headset and connected it in to the headphone + microphone jacks, but it doesn't show up as a device. It doesn't show up as a disabled device either, it is nowhere to be found. It still plays sound, it's just that the microphone doesn't show up...
  9. my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.: I recently bought an Alienware Aw310h headset, and plugged it into my ALienware M17 r3's headphone jack. But, the microphone is not showing up. Is there something I can do with the computer, or do I need to buy a usb adapter and the splitter cable provided?...
  10. Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.: I am using a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set my audio up, but for some reason the microphone doesn't show up anywhere. I've installed the Realtek Audio Driver and troubleshooted,but the microphone from my headsets doesn't show up anywhere, just my webcam microphone....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what do I do if my audio option is not showing up on my Xbox